2,386 results
All reviews chili's restaurant hot tub make your own waffles waffle maker continental breakfast bedroom suite yogurt living area hard boiled eggs small kitchen standard room underground parking sitting room an upgrade free bus bus pass banff avenue
Reviewed March 6, 2017

We decided to spend a couple days in Banff for Family Day weekend. The weather was perfect and the hotel was comfortable. The staff were very pleasant during check in and the rooms were very clean. We arrived early and the hotel was able to accommodate the early check in without charge. At check out they also offered us to leave our vehicle in the underground parking if we still wanted to venture around town before we had to leave. The hotel overall was great. I have to say the staff in the Chillis restaurant were great and the breakfast buffet was delicious!! You do have to walk a bit to get closer to downtown for shopping and places to eat but the walk was well worth it especially with the scenery you get to take in.

Room tip: Rooms on higher level would have less foot traffic.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lucy V
Tim C, Front Office Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We are trilled that you enjoyed so many things about your stay. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your early check in. We will always do a very best to satisfy early check in requests and a quick phone to our friendly front desk team on the morning of your arrival with help us to have your room prioritized and ready even faster.

The Fox is a convenient 10 minute walk into the heart of town, however we do offer to all our guests, complimentary passes for the local Roam transit bus service, for which there is a stop just outside the hotel.

Reviewed March 2, 2017

Stayed here during a conference, overall enjoyed it but only downside was the wifi. Great if you need just for the internet, but I couldn't use my work laptop at all. Due to the type of IP address, it won't allow for secure devices like work laptops to recognize it. Had to work through our corporate IT group for a while until they found that, and basically due to the type of wifi, nothing that could be done. I've been to tons of hotels worldwide and first time I've seen that. But like I said, I'd come back for any other reason, just not for work.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
FoxGM, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2017

Hi Mike,
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Fox. I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble connecting your laptop. I have spoken to our IT Manager and he is unaware of any reason you wouldn't be able to connect using VPN connections. If there is any additional information your IT group has that I could pass on, we are more than happy to investigate further, you can email me at csmith@bestofbanff.com
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Fox on your next trip to Banff.

Reviewed March 1, 2017

This is our second time staying here for a ski trip. Very comfortable and lodge type feel to the whole place. Rooms were comfortable, although I would suggest getting something slightly bigger than the basic room. My wife and I stayed, and although we could make due, it was a little tight when we included our ski equipment and the extra bags. Very clean and well appointed room though. The Jacuzzi tub in the basement feels like it was cut out of a mountain. Very cool, and great to relax in after a day on the hills. Breakfast in the Chili's restaurant, located on site, was wonderful. Great start to the day. 10 min walk to the heart of downtown Banff if you want to shop or go out to dinner. We will definitely come back!

Room tip: Choose something above the base level room, expecially if you have ski equipment, otherwise you will feel a little cramped.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
FoxGM, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2017

I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay here and were able to make use of our amazing Grotto. There is nothing better than a good soak after an energetic day at the ski hills. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to both the Housekeeping staff and Chili's. We are happy to offer our complimentary continental buffet to all our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back for your third visit.

Reviewed February 28, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for a week in February, and were very happy with our stay. Arrived two hours early, however were pleased that they had a room ready for us. Staff were very friendly and helpful through out our whole stay.

The room was on the smaller side, but not crazy small. Very comfortable bed and great shower. The jacuzzi downstairs is incredible. Yes, sometimes there's noisy people in it. A lot of negative reviews on here seem to focus on this. Get over it, anything that is good will attract people, and people are noisy sometimes.

The restaurant is great for dinner, although not if you want to eat quite healthy. Breakfast is free, again a lot of people complained about this. It's free, you're obviously not going to get a full buffet. It was more than adequate.

Free wifi that is a bit slow, but hey being from Australia, free wifi is always a good perk.

It's definitely a great place to stay, do not believe all the sooks on her complaining about it.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank K4931QUchrisb
Reviewed February 27, 2017

Stayed here for four days we found it a little bit of walk to downtown but enjoyable if dressed for it. There was some items left behind from previous guests...needed a better cleaning. Staff was friendly and accomodating. Rooms were right size for us. If your an active person you will enjoy location and use as there is outside stairs.

• Trip type: Travelled with family