“Fantastic afternoon ”

Red Earth Spa
Ranked #7 of 14 Spas & Wellness in Banff
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Red Earth Spa is a full service spa with six treatment rooms including one dedicated to hydrotherapy. The Spa also features a manicure and facial room. The spa has a number of areas for clients to relax before, in-between or after a treatment. Come join us at Banff's only full service Spa on Banff Avenue.
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

For past 4 years, me and my girlfriends visit Banff in June and we always visit Red Earth Spa and they never disappoint. Nice ambiance, hot pool, refreshments and excellent practitioners.

Date of experience: June 2018
"cucumber water"
"no pressure to buy"
"plunge pool"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this spa"
"fantastic afternoon"
"hot stone massage"
"explained everything"
"banff springs"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Well, I just had one of the BEST massages I have ever had in my life at Red Earth. I have to admit, I was a little unimpressed going through the hotel to the spa. I wondered how it could match up with the 5 star resort we had just left. The person who helped me with the reservation couldn’t have been more helpful and lovely. The receptionist was also gracious, sweet, and kind. The accommodations, although small, were more than accommodating. I found myself lacking for nothing as I slipped into a robe (better than the 5 star resort!) and comfortably sat in a lounge with cucumber water awaiting my therapist. I purchased the 90 minute “build your own” massage. The therapist consulted with me quickly but understood my needs almost intuitively. He then found all the areas of my 59 year old, still above average athletic body, and explained exactly what was wrong and how I could lend some balance. I was excited to tell my husband all about it and he wants a massage now, but, unfortunately, too late for him. I don’t remember the therapist’s name, but he was genuinely gifted and skilled. I feel blessed to have been massaged by him. Red Earth is totally worth the trip.

Date of experience: June 2018
Red_Earth_Spa, Manager at Red Earth Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Hi lorifromtheheatl, thank you so much for leaving this lovely review. It's wonderful to hear you had a great experience from start to finish!
I have passed on your comments to Andrew, we're very lucky to have such gifted therapists on our team. Thanks again for recommended our spa to others!

Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

Nice ambiance in a very relaxed atmosphere. Lacked a bit of over the top service expected at spas. I experienced a Great facial and average pedicure. No pressure to buy products as I have experienced at other spas. Found robes provided need upgrading, I tried 2 and both had ripped pockets and belt loops and towels were too small. Locker room was minimally supplied with products for showering and dressing after treatments. Hot tub and steam room were adequate but not as grand as photos in ad. Best thing was that it was clean and services are about half the price as at the Banff Springs Spa

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed April 3, 2018

The Caribou Lodge and Red Earth Spa were very cool. The indoor heated pool was fantastic after a long day of hiking/skiing. The message @ Red Earth was very thorough and relaxing. I enjoyed the scented zen.... I would recommend treating yourself at least once!

Date of experience: March 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Red_Earth_Spa, Manager at Red Earth Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2018

Dear laurynkohut,

Thank you for commenting on your recent visit to the Red Earth Spa. I'm glad to hear you were able to treat yourself to a relaxing massage after your time on the slopes! We hope to see you again!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 27, 2018

We had booked massages and I also had a soak in the tub in the room. I think I would have rather had a longer massage than the soak in the tub because we just went into the hot tub after, which was pretty much the same thing. The therapist was great and explained everything that I needed to know and was very intuitive with my needs. My partner said his massage was a little too hard and the therapist did not seem responsive when he asked for it lighter.

Date of experience: March 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Dear Rebecca L,

Thanks so much for sharing your recent experience at Red Earth Spa. I'm happy to hear for the most part you enjoyed your time with us.
We certainly encourage our therapists to listen to their guests throughout their treatments so I apologize that your partner felt he wasn't entirely listened to during his massage. I will certainly pass along this feedback to the team.

Thanks again for joining us, we hope to welcome you back in the future!