“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Maple Leaf

The Maple Leaf
Reserve with OpenTable
The Maple Leaf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 143 Restaurants in Banff
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Caribou Street
Calgary, Canada
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We found it great that they serve a short breakfast menu til 1:30pm on Sundays! We'll be back!

Visited February 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Toronto
“A great dinner”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Great atmosphere at this restaurant! I had the charcuterie to start and it was fantastic. The main was the seafood board which was a great portion. (There was so much crab I could finish!). Only complaint was I did have room for dessert.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank BigHotelGuy
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Still talking about The Maple Leaf”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My spouse and I were on a two weeks holiday in the Canadian Rockies. After the first week in Jasper we went to Banff. Our Lonely Planet guide suggested The Maple Leaf, and off we went.

We were met with a very welcoming and friendly atmosphere. We ordered both a starter and a main course (salmon and beef). The waitress suggested some complimentary white and red wine. Both the salmon, the beef and the wine were the best we have ever tasted! (and we have been traveling quite a bit). The service was excellent too.

Even though we were traveling on a budget, we had to return the day after. This time we had wine and charcuterie in the lounge area, also just perfect!

If you are going out for dinner in Banff, this place is a must. We are still talking about it, almost a year after our visit.

• Visited May 2011
2 Thank StineRonholt
Dallas, Texas
“Great food and ambience, average service.”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This is doubtlessly one of the best places for foodies in Banff. Everything we ordered was excellent. I would highly recommend duck and bison stroganoff. The only problem I can list is that my wife’s order got mixed up and we had to wait extra 30 minutes or so for the correct dish. Also, vine by the glass is very mediocre and by the bottle is overly expensive.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Yury_tx
Calgary, AB
“Unexpected Jem”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I didn't know that there were two floors to the restaurant, if I did I would have eaten here a long time ago! There is plenty of room so don't let the full first floor fool you! The Elk is amazing, and the service fast and friendly. The food ranges from local game to amazing steaks and seafood all with a Canadian flare! We will come back to eat here again!

Visited January 2012