“Gran Fondo Dinner Celebration”

The Maple Leaf Steak & Seafood
Reserve a table
Wed, 06-12
20:00
Ranked #36 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Price range: C$25 - C$50
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Caribou Street
Description: Mountain view dining, local hospitality and excellent food in the heart of downtown Banff. The Maple Leaf is an iconic landmark serving brunch, lunch & dinner daily. We celebrate the best of Canadian cuisine with a menu inspired by the diverse ingredients found throughout Canada. Alberta beef, game, fresh fish, and coastal seafood are showcased next to an award-winning Canadian wine list. Looking for the perfect date spot or celebrating a special occasion? The Maple Leaf features a cozy intimate atmosphere complete with four private rooms, ideal for your next celebration or event.
Reviewed August 22, 2016

The Maple Leaf knocked our Gran Fondo Dinner Celebration for 22 out of the Park! Fantastic Service and Food - thanks for helping us celebrate - you got it right - from the constant changing reservation to the food/drink presentation - definitely recommend this place especially for large groups

Reviewed August 22, 2016

I have frequented this restaurant and lounge multiple times over a 10 year span; I was always impressed, thus returned. This July, when driving through, stopped for a late dinner with my companion and his daughter. My companion went to use the washroom and the daughter and I were seated. We were dressed causal but appropriate, her a skirt and t-shirt, me a full sleeve light summer dress. We received good service until my companion, who had a sleeves sport shirt came to the table which revealed several tattoos. Long story short, there was no mistaking the poor service and the attitude of our server, who was a gentlemen in his later 40's or 50's. Couples around us who were even "sharing" portions were offered more bread, water, etc. He barely came back to the table. And at the end of the night I could not find him to speak to him or the manager. However I did leave a note, sharing how we felt from his service and obvious attitude. Part noted, "you never know who you are serving and what other people or companies they will share information about their experience with". I do events for a living, and will no longer be recommending this restaurant to anyone; contrarily I will be sharing my poor experience.

Date of visit: July 2016
2  Thank Tracy S
Reviewed August 21, 2016

On our first night in Banff, during our first visit to Banff, we were exhausted from a long drive and eager to eat and get back to our hotel. We wanted true Canadian fare and thought surely a place called "the Maple Leaf" would be likely to deliver. Our instincts were spot-on; it was 6:30 pm and we lucked into a table without a reservation.

The table linens and stemware tipped us off to potentially steep prices, but the menu revealed more reasonable prices than we feared. We shared some excellent red Bordeaux style blend Canadian wine and bread. Our entrees arrived in well-timed fashion: halibut for my husband and appetizer scallops for me. We wanted to eat relatively light in anticipation of a hike to the Burgess Shale the following day. My two scallops were seared and placed on a maple syrup base, with maple poached pears and pork belly in butter sauce. This was perfect for me. My husband's halibut was served with baby roasted potatoes, seasonal vegetables and tomato chutney, served in beurre blanc. It was moist and flaky at the same time.

This was an excellent introduction to modern Canadian cuisine, light and delicious. I highly recommend the Maple Leaf for your Canadian dining experience in Banff. As we dined a young Japanese family entered and were seated with a stroller. The waitress consulted with their approximately 7 year old daughter about her wishes and their service was prompt and courteous.

Reviewed August 21, 2016

A very nice restaurant. Our server, Catherine, was very nice and helpful. Definitely need a reservation early. My wife had the Kuterra Salmon with an Asian flair and I had the Signature Maple Leaf Salmon – very mild maple flavor but very good. I started the meal off with a Maple Leaf Martini (developing a taste for Sortilege – maple infused whisky) which was good, though a little a sweet. The focaccia was very good. We did have the triple chocolate mouse cake for dessert- it was very good but not as chocolaty as I like (admitted major choco-holic).

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed August 21, 2016

We had the first dinner of our vacation here! There were 11 of us traveling together as a family. The restaurant gave us a lovely private room. Everything we ordered was served beautifully and tasted even better. We couldn't have been happier. In fact, we were so happy that some of us came back the next day for lunch!