“Super, a walk with snowshoes”

Great Divide Day Hikes
Ranked #2 of 5 Tours in Lake Louise
More attraction details
Owner description: Great Divide Nature Interpretation provides informative guided hiking and snowshoeing in the Lake Louise and Banff areas. Nadine Fletcher and Joel Hagen have over 20 years experience and are certified “Master” interpreters. In summer, full day and half day walks/hikes. In winter, half day snowshoeing trips.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We recommend : a guided snowshoeing tour belongs to a perfect day out in winter.
Although we have hiked a lot before in summer, this definitely is an absolutely fabulous new experience. Walking between the trees on snow which is 150 cm high . . . wow. Together with an experienced guide like Joel this is absolutely troublefree and really enjoyable. Joel knows about everything on the area, the forest and the snow itself. So it was not only walking and enjoying the fantastic scenery, but it also opened our eyes to so many things we would never have had seen ourselfes.
Thanks again for an unforgettable day.
Regina and Michael

2  Thank Michael K
There are newer reviews for Great Divide Day Hikes

Reviewed 22 February 2012

We had such a great day with Joel! The stories were captivating, the pace was perfect and the treats, AMAZING! We had great luck with the weather too. Highly recommend Great Divide, the love for nature is infectious and Joel's knowledge of the area and nature was astounding!

2  Thank Freya F
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Me and my friends went to the family day special snowshoeing trip with Joel, it was our first time and certainly won't be the last. Joel is very professional, easy-going and approachable. He led us through the whole trip with great patience even when some of us were slowing down...he made us feel very comfortable.. He has no problem extending the trip when we wanted to!!! just for us!!! and the hot tea/chocolate and home made power bar was heaven!! I won't say too much now because you would have to go yourself to experience it. I must say the experience is a must have and I am looking forward to hike with them during summer!

2  Thank Mei Q
Reviewed 13 February 2012

With a diverse range of ages and abilities Joel was outstanding.
Even with the occasional oops the mood remained positive.
Even though my daughter and I have visited the Banff area on numerous occasions this was the first time that we'd experienced it from an ecological stance.
Definately bring a camera and bottle of water. Although the hot chocolate and granola bars are not to be missed.
Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Extra idea. Maybe provide info on seasonal hikes and areas that we might explore independantly.
Thanks again for a memorable day. Got my husband wanting to come next time.

2  Thank Cathie_Ann124
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I had really wanted to give snowshoeing a go for the first time during my travels through the Rockies. I found information about Great Divide Day Hikes on the net and then looked through the reviews here on Trip Advisor. I was instantly convinced this was an experience I shouldn't miss out on and I'm certainly thrilled I had the opportunity to participate. Nadine was our guide and she instantly brought energy, humor and personality right from the get go -she made everyone in the group feel welcome. Our adventure was snowshoeing out to Island Lake on an amazingly perfect sunny day. Nadine provided snowshoes and ski poles for everyone and some additional winter wear to set me up for the day. The best thing about the hike was really 'learning' about the wildlife that inhabit the area, instead of just looking at pretty scenery. Nadine had a quick eye for spotting lots of interesting animal trails and a phenomenal understanding of the unique winter landscape that was around us. When we reached our destination we stopped for an amazing view at Island Lake and had complimentary tea/hot chocolate and power bars - a great reward! This would definately have to be one my standout experiences while living in Canada, it was fantastic and I would certainly go on a hike again with Nadine or Joel to learn and see even more - their passion for this is inspiring. Definately, definately go on a hike with Great Divide Day Hikes while you are in Lake Louise. Greg : )

2  Thank Darryl26144