“The BEST guided hike!”

Great Divide Nature Interpretation
More attraction details
Owner description: Great Divide Nature Interpretation provides informative guided hiking and snowshoeing in the Lake Louise and Banff area. Nadine Fletcher and Joel Hagen have over 20 years experience and are certified “Master” interpretive guides. In summer, full day and half day private trips. In winter, half day group and private trips.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 26, 2012

What a magical hike to Lake Consolation. Joel simply did a stunning job educating us about the forest/nature; it was one "class" that I did not want to end. I cannot say anymore. It was a fun learning experience in the forest! Who gets that - I was honoured. I cannot wait to do another hike with him, maybe in snowshoes : ) All the very BEST to Nadine and Joel. Keep doing what you love!

2  Thank Travelers_FJ
in 10 reviews
"spectacular scenery"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I selected Great Divide by recommandation.
It has been the best choice ever.
Great hiking tour, slightly improvised to get away from the crowd on a busy weekend.
Nadine, our guide, has an excellent knowledge of the place, the trails and the surrounding nature.
The scenary was great and the explanation of our guide were perfect, and given in a relax and funny way.

It will certainly be a "YES" if you ask me if I would select Great Divide again next year!!!

1  Thank cricrides
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We did two different hikes with Joel and had a wonderful experience both days. It was so nice to go out with a small group and be a part of the planning on where we were going to hike. I called Joel a couple of weeks before our trip and was worried that I had waited too late to book with him. He helped us decide which hikes we could do over the 6 days we were in the Canadian Rockies and two of the six days we spent with Joel. We could have done these hikes on our own but we would have have missed the whole point of hiking the area. Joel and his knowledge of everything from geology to botany to ornithology to the history of the area was amazing. He was so entertaining and we had great fun! Even though the days we hiked were both overcast with some drizzle, Joel did not let that dampen our spirit of adventure. Lending me rain guard pants for our hikes was very much appreciated! We met other people on these hikes from all over the world and that adds a personal experience that you do not get hiking on your own. This trip we hiked Paget Lookout and Stanley Glacier. Joel-If we make it back next year we want to hike Lake O'Hara with you. Thanks again for being a part of our wonderful experience in the Canadian Rockies.

2  Thank Colette W
GtDivide, Owner at Great Divide Nature Interpretation, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thanks for the review Colette, and we'd love to take you into Lake O'Hara. We were lucky enough to go in twice last week, with beautiful weather and beautiful larch trees. We look forward to your return visit. -Joel

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Thanks, Joel, for THE BEST hike. It was the best for several reasons. First, we enjoyed being able to hike exactly where we wanted to without worry about keeping on (finding) the trail, the time, and shuttle bus schedule. You were organized, were able (with a bit of luck) to get us the hike we wanted, and knew the area very well. Second, you love and respect the area, and that was expressed through your stories, shared information and actions. Third, you are a really nice person! And last, the scenery was absolutely beautiful and the weather perfect. We will remember the day we hiked with you.

1  Thank Teresa F
See more reviews
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Nadine does a great job to organize hikes where one learns a lot about nature and the Rockies and has a lot of fun at the same time. I really had great time with her: she's knowledgeable, fun and extremely prepared.

Her management is faultless and she comes back to emails very quickly, which is really helpful when organizing a trip.

I took a 1 day nature interpretation to the Bow Glacier Falls, as a lighter day between some more demanding scrambles, but I am pretty sure she can arrange any kind of nice hikes here in the Rockies.