Moraine Lake Lodge is located in of the most beautiful locations in all of the Canadian Rockies. We stayed for two nights in September in a deluxe cabin. The cabins themselves are quite small but come with a great wood burning fireplace, which is cleaned and restocked with logs daily, a small sofa and armchair and balcony. They are not five star deluxe but rustic and clean and you are paying for the location here more than anything. We had dinner both nights in the restaurant and the quality of the cooking was excellent. If you stayed for more than a couple of nights you would probably like to drive to Lake Louise to try some other restaurants though. Also, Kevin, the on-site naturalist, was very good and you should definitely attend one of his guided hikes, which are free to residents.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moraine Lake is the iconic lake pictured on the old Canadian twenty dollar bill. Many visit Moraine Lake, the lucky ones stay at the only accommodation on the lake, Moraine Lake Lodge. Located in Banff National Park, 15 minutes away from Lake Louise, Moraine Lake is known as the Jewel of the Rockies. Steps from their rooms, guests staying at the lodge are treated to the stunning beauty and pristine splendor of the iridescent turquoise-coloured lake and the Valley of the Ten Peaks. Each guest receives a complimentary package that includes guided hiking, naturalist presentations and canoeing on Moraine Lake. Moraine Lake Lodge is also renowned for its cuisine, with signature dishes featuring regional and seasonal ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Moraine Lake Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moraine Lake Hotel Lake Louise
- Moraine Lake Lodge Lake Louise, Alberta