This place is just too good. Definitely pricey but you get what you pay for.
Moraine lake gets really busy and crowded in the day time and so living right at the lakeshore gives you a fairly easy access to the lake in the morning and evening time when the crowd is gone. Then you can take it all in at your own pace, click some photographs with just your lens and the nature in the surroundings and admire the beauty of this magnificent place on earth. Their deluxe cabins are worth every penny you spend, hands down.
But then the cloud has the silver lining and that is the Food.
Breakfast is included with most of the packages here, but despite the dining area being very good and scenic, options in the breakfast are barely more than being average.
Dining is even trickier.
Inexplicably costly (very pricey), and despite the clam ins of its being a fine dining, all you need after a day’s with of activity is a fine place to dine and not a fine dining place where food s fairly average, cost is too high and portions are very small. This place is not tucked 300 miles away from a near trading post, its only 20-30 miles here food is 4 times cheaper and better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moraine Lake is the iconic lake pictured on the old Canadian twenty dollar bill. Located in Banff National Park, 15 minutes away from Lake Louise, Moraine Lake is known as the Jewel of the Rockies. Steps from their rooms, guests staying at the lodge are treated to the stunning beauty and pristine splendor of the iridescent turquoise-coloured lake and the Valley of the Ten Peaks. Each guest receives a complimentary package that includes guided hiking, naturalist presentations and canoeing on Moraine Lake. Moraine Lake Lodge is also renowned for its cuisine, with signature dishes featuring regional and seasonal ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Moraine Lake Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moraine Lake Hotel Lake Louise
- Moraine Lake Lodge Lake Louise, Alberta