This is a great old lodge in a grand mountain setting on Bow Lake, where we stayed in early September. My husband & I were warmly greeted to this historical lodge, where we had a large room that overlooked the lake and a marvellous view of the mountains. The room was rather plain & dated, the bathroom had worn fixtures and a tap that kept running continuously, not just a drip. The eiderdown was great. The reception & common areas are in keeping with such a rustic lodge with attractive historical mounted heads of various mountain animals. Guests have access to lovely lounge areas & free coffee, tea & tisanes at all hours, and a great map table with detailed topographical maps to study. The dining room is attractive, with friendly & attentive staff. They could dress a little less frumpily though. We enjoyed the most delicious & well prepared wild mushroom & asparagus risotto that evening. Delicious warm croissants were part of the simple continental breakfast. A hike for a couple of hours along the lake & forest was very enjoyable. When we asked to take a glass of wine outside to sit & watch the sunset, we were told that the National Parks rules would not allow them to provide this...a bit Victorian, we think. Num-Ti-Jah also has a very large gift shop with great clothes, native arts & an extensive book collection on nature & the history of the Rockies. This is a grand rustic mountain lodge in a grand setting!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Num-Ti-Jah Lodge overlooks one of the most dramatic scenes in the Canadian Rockies. Out of Bow Lake the mountains rise steep and rugged. The blue ice of Crowfoot Glacier hangs suspended over the turquoise water. To the west, the craggy peaks of the Great Divide tower over Bow Glacier.Num-Ti-Jah Lodge is located 40 kilometres north of Lake Louise on Highway 93 in Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada. We are a three hour drive from the Calgary International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Num-Ti-Jah Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Num-Ti-Jah Hotel Lake Louise
- Num-Ti-Jah Lodge Lake Louise, Alberta