“Excellent lunch with spectacular views”
Review of Whitehorn Bistro

Whitehorn Bistro
Ranked #12 of 37 Restaurants in Lake Louise
Description: Located at 6700' (2042m) the Whitehorn Bistro proudly offers a contemporary menu with alpine featured items and local products. Each of our fine offerings can be enjoyed inside the dining room, or out on the patio which boasts one of the most incredible panoramic mountain views anywhere. Open summer and winter.
Reviewed October 28, 2017

After enjoying the Lake Louise open chair gondola ride (closed gondolas also available) we enjoyed a lunch near the top gondola station, at 2042 meter elevation. We were relatively early and were seated at a window table offering great views of the surrounding snow covered mountains. We ordered the Rocky Mountain Game Platter and enjoyed the large variety of meats, cheeses, etc, During our lunch the restaurant filled up but the service remained prompt and enjoyable.

Reviewed October 26, 2017

What a wonderful way to spend the morning. Jasmine, our waitress, was a delight. I was dieting, so I had to watch what I ordered. I ordered a caprese tomato dish with quinoa. It was wonderful and guilt free. My husband ordered their clam chowder. I noticed that the couples to the back of us ordered a cheese fondue, which looked very tasty. I also ordered their Caesar cocktail, which approximates a Bloody Mary. It was one of the best Bloody Mary like drinks that I have had. It was so peaceful to just sit there and bask in the sun, while enjoying this incredible view and food. I will never forget the experience.

Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

This is a must if only for the view from the patio. You must order to get out there. We stopped for lunch on a lovely sunny day. The view of the Rockies was the BEST! We had a clam chowder and coffee it was well presented and very very tasty. Coffee was good too. Excellent service.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

I have never been so disappointed in my life. The scenery was spectacular, sitting on a deck overlooking snow capped mountains at Lake Louise. Rode the gondola up to the top of the mountain, walked down to the restaurant. We were greeted promptly, and ordered diet cokes. Looked at the menu and realized why people were not ordering food very much, most had a drink only. Hamburger was $25.00. Steak was $36.00, total meal was $78.00. Burger was terrible, steak was fatty and almost inedible. Service was awful. Tea was terrible. (and the waitress informed us that the $3.00 (Instant) tea only came with 1 refill. The only part of the meal that was enjoyable was the view. So sad. Potential is awesome, but you have to hire folks who care.

1  Thank ChattaElder
Reviewed October 1, 2017

If you want to have a delicious meal halfway up a mountain with a breathtaking view this is the place for you. Take the gondola halfway up the mountain and take an easy walk 5 minutes to the restaurant. Great seating outside with an amazing view out towards Lake Louise. Great chance to see wildlife while riding up/down.
Food choices are excellent and I highly recommend the lettuce wraps or Seafood chowder. Then wash it down with a delicious Blueberry tea or butter Rum hot drink.
Once you're done and if you feel like taking a nice walk you can go up the mountain on one of the trails. But mind you, its located outside the safe zone and you're on your own. When we were there an electrical fence surrounded the restaurant area as there is a lot of wildlife in the area. Even saw a deer directly below us on the ride down.
Highly recommended for all ages.
Also, great service while we visited. Can't wait to go back