“Awesome”
Review of Outpost Pub

Outpost Pub
Ranked #13 of 37 Restaurants in Lake Louise
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Got there right when they opened out of a light snow flurry. The bartender sat us down at the leather couches at the fireplace just as it was catching on. Had a few excellent local beers and split th burger, which was perfect. Read the paper, met a few people and had a great night. Highly recommended.

1  Thank John D

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Had a very tasty meal in this cosy pub type environment. A smallish but good selection of meals. Service was great and the food was piping hot and all three of us were very impressed with our meals. Would definitely go back again

Reviewed March 23, 2018

Lovely atmosphere, great food - tasty and well cooked, extensive wine list, cosy pub. We returned a few times as the food was so nice. The service was excellent if not verging on 'over the top' as we felt a bit pressured to keep ordering more.

Reviewed March 15, 2018

My weekend at the hotel was arranged by my husband. After reading the food reviews which suggested they could accommodate a meat eater and a vegan, we were super excited to dine there. After a late day skiing, we went to the pub on the first night where my only option was a watery afterthought soup which seemed like they dumped the remaining olive scraps from the jar into the soup. We booked the dining room the next night but declined to eat there as it didn't present as a humane menu (i.e., milk-fed veal) or with locally sourced ingredients. I advised as to why we weren’t eating there and sent a follow-up directly to the chef. I received one ‘brush off email’. They didn't care. Newsflash! Post, there are some vegans that earn in the top 1%. We also have family that still eat meat but choose humane options. Your dismissive nature is unacceptable. Given my husband flies for a major airline, we’ll be telling more than 10 people not to dine or stay with you. You clearly have a lot to learn!

1  Thank answerspsycholog2017
Reviewed February 27, 2018

The Outpost was our choice as we had just arrived at the Post Hotel and the pub was an easy option. The atmosphere was excellent, it was a comfortable lodge type of setting. The food was solid, but didn't wow me. We ate at the Post dining room the next night and we were amazed by how good it was, and thought that the Outpost should have been better by comparison. Would go again, but I'm a foodie and like to try more adventurous foods when I'm vacationing.