“First Time at a B & B was perfect!!”

and 1 more site!
English Bed, Breakfast and Day Spa
Ranked #3 of 54 Calgary B&B and Inns
Westlock, Canada
“First Time at a B & B was perfect!!”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

What a fabulous B&B this is! We felt like we were staying with friends! The rooms were comfortable and sound proof, and the living area felt so relaxing. And the breakfast...superb! I have already shared our B&B with friends! I know we will stay there again! Thanks David and Teri :)

Room Tip: The one room has a patio doors to the hot tub...which was fabulous!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sandi J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This B&B was BY FAR the best value in comfort, variety and price than the other B&Bs I stayed at this trip, (Simone's B&B, Montreal) and (Cabbageville, Toronto). The home is spacious, super clean, and full of nice touches such as complimentary sherry, soft drinks, juices and a cupboard full of all kinds of tea, cider, hot chocolate and instant coffees, plus a variety of morning newspapers with breakfast. The kitchen was available to guests at all times for preparing meals and storing food in the refrigerator. I also liked the floor and hall lights that came on automatically when I left my room during the night. The rooms have luggage stands and complimentary fluffy robes and slippers for accessing the hot tub, who could ask for more comfort for the price? Indeed, there is more....Teri makes a delicious, healthy gourmet breakfast, a different menu every day, and both she and David were very accommodating and helpful; there's even a complimentary laptop to use, and the signal is strong. The B&B may seem a little out of the way, but it's in a quiet, safe area in NW Calgary, and only a 15 minute walk to the C train, which will take you to the city centre in 15 min. If you don't feel like walking, there are at least two buses which will take you to the C train station. For my trip to the airport, I left the house at 11:05am and arrived at the check-in counter at the airport at 12:45. This would be a great place for an extended stay, as the rooms are spacious and the hosts make you feel welcome to use the living and rec rooms. I need to be back in Calgary in September, and will definitely choose this B&B, thank you Teri and David, for a great stay!

Room Tip: Choose the Egyptian room for easier access to the hot tub
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank xena888
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Having stayed in a couple of hotels when in Calgary on business, I wanted a more "home-like" atmosphere. So I stayed with David and Teri at the English Bed and Breakfast. Fantastic!

David and Teri are lovely hosts and the accommodation is great, I really enjoy the freedom of feeling more like I'm staying at home, rather than in a stuffy hotel room. The breakfasts are also fantastic and the value is incredible.

I will be staying with David and Teri every time I visit Calgary.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Caleamon
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 17 December 2011

After several bad and overpriced experiences with other hotels, I thought I will never find my expected place to stay in Calgary!!

I stayed at English Bed and breakfast for one night ( wished was more).Teri & David were above my expectation and I believe 5 stars is far below what they should get!!

The Hotel was super clean , super tidy, super healthy, super in every thing!! The breakfast was backed to me in a friendly way that made me have no worries at all. Definitely,I will go and stay there again!! Thanks Teri & David....

Room Tip: I liked the Egyptian room!!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Doctordog99
Weardale
Reviewed 5 October 2011

We needed to stay 2 days in Calgary before a holiday on the Rocky Mountaineer. After a lot of searching we decided on the first place I had researched, which was Teri and David's B&B. Everything was excellent, the room, patio, HOT tub,massage, hosts, hospitality, the freedom of the ground floor and oh I nearly forgot the BREAKFAST!!! and cakes. Two chill out days before a very hectic but fantastic tour. A very sincere thank you and we hope one day we will return.

Room Tip: The Egyptian room leads straight onto the patio
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sylvesterdaisy
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 September 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the English Bed and Breakfast for one night. David and Teri were great hosts and made our stay very enjoyable!!! The hot tub was very relaxing and it was right outside our bedroom!!! We will definitely stay there again!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lianne2014
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I recently stayed 2 nights at Terri and David's B&B and felt thoroughly at home. I was looking for a bit of a retreat while golfing in a tournament and this B&B offered exactly what I was looking for as well as being in a location that was easy to find and easy to access other parts of Calgary. I enjoyed the hot tub outside my room to relax my pent up muscles after a day on the Links and a sumptuous breakfast by Terri. Their backyard garden is delightful!

Room Tip: I liked the "Egyptian room" as it was close to the hot tub.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo