“facial”
Review of The Spa Ritual

The Spa Ritual
Ranked #9 of 73 Spas & Wellness in Calgary
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to a world of tranquil pleasure and peacefulness in Calgary, Alberta. The Spa Ritual is "your path to rejuvenation" through therapies and treatments inspired by ancient practices of health and wellness from Southeast Asia.
Calgary
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“facial”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I loved the atmosphere, the care they give you, the excellent products and the hygenic feel.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank hithereCalgary
SpaRitual_SanteSpa, Public Relations Manager at The Spa Ritual, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Thank you for providing feedback on your services. As a Quality Assurance Accredited spa, we appreciate knowing our guests liked our spa, the care received, products and cleanliness of the spa. We encourage you to extend that spa feeling at home with our spa products, as many of the products used in your facial can be purchased and used at home.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very relaxing and tranquil!”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My sister had taken me here for a treat as I was getting married and we thought it would be a great stress reliever, and it was! The atmosphere was fantastic, and the hot stone massage was great! The price was a little steep, but you get what you pay for and it was an overall great exprerience. Sometimes I wish there were special deals so I could go more than once a year, as I would only go once a year due to the prices but there are so many massages I would like to try like the hand massage and pedi's!

1 Thank Cutipietraveller
Dear Cutipietraveller,

Thank you for commenting on our Services at The Spa Ritual. We appreciate the feedback. I encourage you to sign up for our newsletter, as we do offer a monthly promotion to guests, and please ask when booked what promotions we are offering that month.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Cochrane, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Avoid this Salon at ALL Costs.”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I booked a one hour massage the morning of my massage. Hired a baby sitter, drove 30 mins to get there and they gave my appointment to someone else. They said "sorry- there's nothing we can do" and sent me home out of pocket $40.00 wih no massage. They "claimed" to have called me, but there were no missed calls or messages. I had 15 massages paid for by my insurance and I will NEVER visit this spa again.

With so many spas in Calgary, why go to a spa with no ethics, such as Spa Ritual. Do yourself a favor and book somewhere else!

11 Thank Julia1990222
SpaRitual_SanteSpa, Public Relations Manager at The Spa Ritual, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear Julia,

Thank you for commenting about our spa. We would like to address your concerns about your recent visit.

Our policies and protocols state that for the pre-natal pregnancy massage you booked, it is for the health and safety of the guest as well as the baby to only perform massage if the pregnant guest is past their first trimester of pregnancy. Guests under medical care may require a physician's note to proceed with their treatment, as some conditions are contra-indicated. This policy was stated upon booking.

When you arrived, our staff did offer you the option of a different treatment, since your condition was contra-indicated for the pre-natal massage.

Our booking policy is to obtain a credit card for confirmation of your booking, which we were unable to obtain from you. Our website and brochure state this policy, and our staff are instructed to inform all guests when booking of this policy, as failure to provide a credit card may cancel your appointment.

We also ask our guests to arrive early (15-20 mins) prior to their appointment to fill out a health history form. We ask this so guests can relax and not be rushed, as being late will results in being rushed and a shortened treatment time.

If you have any other questions about our policies, please contact the Spa Director at The Spa Ritual, at 403.547.9558.

Christina Arthur-Dick
Marketing Director
Calgary, Canada
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Love the spa ritual”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I've been to the Spa Ritual 3 times now for massages. I've found all the therapists very good. Depending on the massage you can choose which oil you get- the ginger one is amazing.
It's very pricy so unfortunately I can't go there nearly as often as I'd like.
The locker room is beautiful with nice showers and an infrared sauna. There is a relaxation area with heated stone loungers which are amazingly comfortable. They also have tea which is soo good and little cracker type things which are tasty.
I can't see how anyone wouldn't love this place!!!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank laptopolivia
Calgary, AB, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Get Away”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I have been a couple of times and both times, it's like entering a different world. The ambiance is perfect for relaxing; the staff are attentive and professional. I can't wait to go back!

SpaRitual_SanteSpa, Public Relations Manager at The Spa Ritual, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Hi Susan,

Thank you for your comments and sharing your experience at The Spa Ritual. We hope to see you back again soon.