“Excellent Customer Service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Customer Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

This hotel was fantastic. The room was very clean and modern with great amenities (big soaker tub, tv in the bathroom, free wifi, movie rentals and hot tub on the roof top). We ate at Pacini's, which was delicious - my husband enjoyed the bread bar. The hotel was very close to the airport as well. Upon checking out of this hotel, I realized I had left my wedding rings on the night table in the room. I called the hotel from the airport and they were able to locate the rings within minutes. They sent my rings back to me via UPS and I received them the following day. I was very impressed with the level of customer service I received. I will definitely stay at this hotel again when in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank BOfromTO

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Korean first
Edson, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed here on a stop over, and was pleasantly surprised, the room was tastefully decorated, bed very comfy, and the room amenities more than satisfactory. The front desk was friendly, efficient, polite and helpful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 406, very quiet, far from the elevator
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank verynortherngirl
Lethbridge, Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

This is a great hotel near the airport - although the purpose of the trip did not involve flying. The only complaint about the area, and not the hotel, is the distance between Acclaim and any restaurants, bars, or pubs. There is one Italian restaurant connected to the hotel, but unfortunately we checked in 15 minutes before it was due to close. It took us awhile to find anything else suitable, especially late at night.
The hotel however was phenomenal. Very modern, but cozy and comfortable - especially the bed. The only minor complaints about the hotel: the towels were very coarse and we could hear everything going on in the room above us (stayed on the 2nd floor).
I would definitely stay there again though.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank heat912
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

This hotel located near the airport is truly an oasis! The shuttle driver greets you with a bottle of water and a warm and friendly greeting. The hotel staff welcome you as if you were a family member. The rooms have the amenities....white fluffly robes, free water in the room and in the lobby and an eco friendly fully equiped room with tv in the bathroom, complimentary videos and a manager's wine reception on Wednesday night. Wish I could have stayed for more than one night!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank martha1106
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed here for one night when we were waiting to leave for Jamaica. This hotel is amazing!! They have the friendliest staff...and their rooms are phenomenal...the nicest i have ever seen in a hotel in Calgary. They have a TV in the bathroom, and massage jets in the shower, also everything is controlled by your room key, which is pretty cool. We did go in the hot tubs on the roof and it was pretty nice. When we arrived, there were lots of people in the lobby, and Jerry was the one who helped us, and even though it clearly looked as though they may have been understaffed, he was still so polite and helpful, and we didn't feel rushed at all!! Which i think is rare in the service industry when you see a busy establishment. Thanks Jerry for making our one night stay amazing! You rock!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are upgraded...so doesn't really matter!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank sexy1979
Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed at the Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport for 1 night at each end of a family vacation. The first outstanding experience that I had was 2 days before my arrival when I realized that I had made an error in my arrival date when I booked online the night before - in fact, I'd missed the reservation! The front desk clerk fixed the problem for me without any hassle or additional charge. (Phew!)

The next great experience that I had was with the airport shuttle driver who, upon arrival in Calgary, ushered me and my infant into the warm shuttle while he loaded my bags and stroller into the trunk. When we arrived at the hotel, he brought them up to my room promptly so that we could get settled quickly; this was important and very appreciated as it was already nearly midnight local time (some 7 hours beyond my infant's bedtime).

The front desk staff was kind of slow but friendly and polite. My husband and mother-in-law, who arrived on the following shuttle, got a hard time trying to gain access to our room because their names weren't on file. At no point during the reservation or check-in process was I given an opportunity to give their names, I'd like to point out. But they got in eventually.

The next (early) morning, we took in the hotel buffet. Meh. It was fine, I guess, although they strangely didn't serve toast and it was kind of overpriced ($15, if I recall correctly). But whatever. On the good side, it was hot(-ish) and fresh. (On the trip home, we ate at the airport Kelsey's; it wasn't much of an improvement with some of the worst coffee I've ever had and a waiter who gave us a hassle about where to park the stroller in an empty restaurant.)

On the way home, our experience - particularly with the shuttle drivers - was much the same. Outstanding shuttle drivers, slow front desk staff.

My only other comments have to do with 2 related issues about the rooms themselves. First, they are way too hot. The in-room thermostat is set at a night-time temperature of 22 degrees. I felt like I needed to turn the air conditioning on. To make it worse, there was only one sheet on the bed - it looked like a top sheet but since there was only one, I guess it was a bottom sheet by default. (Who wants to sleep directly on a hotel mattress? Ick!) This meant that I couldn't kick the blankets off and cover up with just the top sheet while the room cooled down. And that meant that I didn't sleep particularly well.

All in all, I would recommend the Acclaim to anyone needing a place to lay their head for a night when flying in/out of the Calgary airport. It is in extremely well located relative to the airport, even if it is a little more expensive than some of the other hotels located around the airport.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Amazing rooms with everything you can think of. We will definetly return next time were in town. TWO THUMBS UP!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple