1,603 results
All reviews keg restaurant heavenly bed essence restaurant spg member starbucks coffee prince's island park self park top floor eau claire market junior suite valet parking heart of downtown business trip bow river breakfast buffet an upgrade enjoyed my stay
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Stayed for four nights August 21-25. Indifferent to bordering on rude service from hotel staff in lobby. Had to get my own taxi. Staff seem more interested in chatting with one another, or with the airline staff.
Have several more visits to Calgary in September - will be staying elsewhere despite being a Starwood member.

1  Thank TorontoPoppy
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2011

Dear TorontoPoppy,

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns from your most recent visit. I do sincerely apologize that you feel the service you received was lacking; this certainly does not represent our usual level of service. I hope you will give us another chance to wlecome you back the next time you are in Calgary.

Be well,

Reviewed August 26, 2011

When I think of the Westin - Calgary,,, I'm most impressed with the corner suite rooms I am usually given. They are simply outstanding! They are quiet, spacious, and pre-stocked with items that usually have to be 'requested' (e.g. room humidifier, extra toiletry items).

The staff is always helpful & courteous -- but I've found they don't go out of their way to engage & get to know the guests that are there week in & week out. It's not a huge issue for me - but when I compare it to other Westin properties that have a Guest Experience Manager with this as a key 'job function' - I find it somewhat dissapointing.

On the positive side (as stated in other reviews), the Westin here is directly connected to the "+15" structure, and those cold snowy winters can be navigated without much walking outside.

Breakfasts are excellent -- great menu, great service & always a smile on the lady who seats us each day... Also the Keg is a good 'after work' meeting place -- for drinks, appetisers and meal. This is especially true during nice weather times, when you can sit outside on their patio bar.

I do truly enjoy my trips to Calgary - The Westin there represents an excellent value for the business traveler staying & working downtown.

1  Thank QFDMAN

Dear QFDMAN,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment and for your kind words. I am happy to hear that you enjoy your time with us, however, the engagement of our staff is usally something we pride ourselves on. This certainly does not represent our usual level of service and I hope that we can exceed your expectation in this regard going forward. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 23, 2011

Great Hotel. Excellent value, location and staff. Spent 3 days before heading into the rockies after flying in from Newark.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I'm a native Calgarian. Was in need of a place downtown to crash for the night

There were a few hotels of equal or greater stature (Hyatt, Marriot, Palliser, Le Germain etc.) available for more or less the same price, and after having walked through the Westin's beautiful lobby numerous times I decided to give it a try...

I booked the deluxe business king bedroom for $185 after tax.

I knew was in trouble after I left the beautiful lobby and got into a rather rickety elevator. I think they were trying to go for the cool modern look with the dark colored furniture and grey walls but it just reminded me of a cheap basement reno job,. rather cold and cave like.

Anyway after the underwhelming first impression, from there it was one little annoyance after another:

-I booked for two yet there was only one robe in the room.
-The fridge in the room, wasn't a fridge at all, it had a sign on it that said "This is not a refrigeration unit, will not cool below 6 degrees Celsius"
-My card keys didn't work, had to get them rescanned.
-The ice machine on the floor was broken.
-There was no newspaper in the morning.

All in all it was like staying in an overpriced motel 8. Very disappointing for a hotel in that price range. I could have done way better for that money. I will not be back.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bmacm869

Dear Bmacm869,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I do apologize that you ran into more than a few disappointments. This certainly does not reflect our usual standard of service and I will be sure that these mishaps are communicated to the appropriate departments. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future, and that we will be given the chance to exceed your expectations.

Be well,

Reviewed August 19, 2011

Over past several years I have stayed in this hotel about 10 times for business and have found it to be an excellent choice. Rooms are reasonably large and well appointed. Beds very comfortable. I usually stay on "Starwood Preferred Floors", so not sure if they are representative of whole hotel, but assume they are. Hot breakfast buffet is quite good and "Keg" restaruant good and convenient as well. Service, from bellman at the door, front desk and housekeeping have consistententy been very good. Everything from check-in, services and check-out has been "quick" and for business travel this is a must. Taxi's line up at Westin which is convenient if you need to quickly get across town or to/from airport. The "+15" (weather protected enclosed above ground walkways 15' above street level are very convenient in the colder months). Hotel room price is not low, but then nothing in downtown Calgary is....

1  Thank Joseph C