“First class stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Calgary

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Westin Calgary
Ranked #25 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Ottawa, Canada
“First class stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

Everything just as it should be for a business trip. Made to feel very welcome from first greeting from the doorman. Front desk clerk was extremely helpful. Upgraded to a great room without even asking. Room was large and very well appointed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Howard S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
alberta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

We have noticed when looking at booking other holidays the Westin only offers 2 double beds in a room or a king and a pull out. Therefore we choose not to stay there-a husband 6 ft 5, and usually children accompanying. We don't feel it is fair to have the kids sleep on a pull out, and a double is just too small for them and us.

However we were on a team event and this is their hotel of choice. The service was fine. Being downtown, you have some of the not so desireables around that will ask for food and money.

Parking is under ground and very low clearance.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank oilersfanAlberta
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Went for a meeting downtown. Great stay. Good beds, friendly staff, room service good.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I had a few things happen while staying at The Westin Calgary that showed me that the staff at this hotel walk the talk of customer service:
1. I walked up to two employees who were talking and they immediately stopped talking to ask me what I needed (who hasn't waited for a service provider to pay attention to them?)
2. I was waiting (less than a minute) at the concierge desk and a Security guy came up and asked me what I needed and went to find the concierge. (I hadn"t even gotten to being impatient!)
3. I stumbled upon a Westin client event and was invited in where I got to meet some great Westin folks and clients. I felt like I was with good friends and obviously so did the Westin clients at the event. Special call out to Westin folks: Sue Cullen, Rob Smith and Lindsay Sandomirski! You guys are angels! :-)
4. BTW Did you know that this hotel is leading the way in taking food left over from events to a homeless shelter. This means that the shelter can dedicate more funds to helping the homeless in other ways: education, clothing, etc.
5. I also like The Westin "green" program. Alot!

1 Thank Christine D
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

This is a typical Westin in Calgary. The staff are friendly, but the security is lacking at this property. It is attached to the +15, so there is a lot of foot traffic, and not security to get up the lifts.

The gym is on the top of the 'business tower'. So, if you are in the regular tower, it takes a bit to get too... Once there, it is very small cardio area... There is a strange free weight studio on the other side of the area, but it appears it is a single occupancy room. So, if another guy is in there lifting, you have to wait because it is enclosed, and very strange.

Internet connection speed is horrible considering you have to pay. I can deal with slower speeds with a free connection, but for paying $15 a day, I feel the connection needs to be very fast.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Traveling_Cub
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Traveling_Cub,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is comments such as yours that allow us the opportunity to improve. We are in the process of changing to a new key system in the elevators which will be implemented by the end of April. I have spoken to our IT Manager and relayed your concerns with the internet speed. Currently our internet bandwidth speed is 10 megs down and 6 megs up, and faster than most of our competitors in the city. Please let me know when you are staying with us again, and we can test the internet speed in your room prior to your arrival.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Didier Luneau, General Manager
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

Fast one night stay in mad week of five city itinerary - arrived 3.30pm as Platinum SPG and colleague got room, I was told not ready, sorry, would give me nice room in an hour. Went to meeting, arrived back and not till after 5 was I given a room, which unlike promise, was same as what I booked - fine - but was told we are sorry, and have upgraded you. Room then wasn't ready, lovely cleaners said give us 5 min more and rest of stay uneventful but trainee on check in desk made various other errors incl being woken up with wrong wake up call. To be fair, Westin emailed a week later saying sorry, some extra points, but the point is they charged me almost $500 for the night in a standard room so for this money - even in booming Alberta - you expect better. Starbucks provided free wifi as usual - thanks - but for Westin while waiting for room it was an enormous effort to give me a log in code. Next time will try elsewhere

Room Tip: New tower apparently superior
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank EK201
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear AP Jackson,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the level of service that you received during your most recent stay. This certainly does not reflect our usual attentive service and I have spoken with the Front Office Manager so that we can use this as an opportunity for training. Please accept my apologies and I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back again the next time you are in Calgary.

Kind regards,
Didier Luneau, General Manager
Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

The Westin Calgary was great. We had three little kids, and they immediately welcomed us by giving the kids children's packs with cute rubber ducks and night lights. They were a hit. They also upgraded our room at no charge, and they brought a cot for the third kid (also no extra charge). The cot was really great, not one of the flimsy ones that you sometimes get. This one was firm and comfy. Bedding was great all around. Service was excellent and all the staff were friendly and really wonderful. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Get a corner room, upgraded with a large bathroom and extra sitting room space.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family