“Heavenly Beds”
Review of The Westin Calgary

The Westin Calgary
Ranked #26 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Westin in Calgary Downtown for our 4year anniversery. Weve never stayed at a Westin befor but we definatly will again! The hotel staff are very friendly and seem to really enjoy their jobs. Front desk sent up complimentry chocolate cover strawberries for me and my boyfriend. We were very pleased and greatful that they went out of their way to make our night special.
The rooms are very clean and Ive never had a better sleep in a hotel then I did at the Westin. We got to enjoy the Rooftop pool(with a awesome view of downtown) and fitness facility, along with the Keg Resteraunt and Liquid Lounge. Everything went perfect on our trip to the Westin.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chelsey G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,497)

Reviewed 9 June 2012

Stayed at the Westin for my first business trip in Calgary, location was great and the staff very helpful. The concierge was happy to give tips on where to catch a quick lunch before my event (Zen Japanese restuarant across the road has great sushi) and walking distance from the downtown core. My King Standard room was very clean and spacious, the bed was extremely comfortable and well needed after a very long and tiring day. The Keg on site was perfect for after meeting drinks and dinner.

My only complaint was that I was surprised that a hotel catering to buisness clientele would not include the cost of Internet in the price ($269/ night). I had to log in to check e-mails briefly and it cost me an additional $13 plus tax.

Will stay again the next time I'm in Calgary.

Room Tip: There is some construction to ask to be placed away from it, I had no trouble getting a room on the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank canadian_shamrock17
Reviewed 7 June 2012

The Westin Calgary is at the standard of the Westin, meaning great ! Recently refreshed I guess, rooms are very lighty and clean, they could have been a bit bigger to my mind. Breakfast buffet is amazing, and a free cocktail in the evening for the Starwood membres was a nice surprise. STK restaurant in the hotel to test for the ones who don't know, a Japanese restaurant accross the street. Very well welcome at arrival I had a water problem in the bathroom that has been fix immediatly. Very professionnal, the hotel is very convenient for both business and tourist travels.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank fguitteny
TWC_Westin_GM, General Manager at The Westin Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Didier Luneau, General Manager at The Westin Calgary response,

Dear fguitteny,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. With the completion of our 4 year, 35 million renovations our goal was to ensure our guests feel refreshed and energized.

I am happy that you enjoyed the innovative breakfast buffet at Essence as well as our Wednesday receptions in Liquid Lounge for our Starwood Preferred Guest members. We feel that it is important to thank our guests for their loyalty and I am happy that you were able to experience this.

I am sorry for the issues you encountered in the bathroom and I have shared your comments with our engineering department. I have also shared your positive feedback with our Front office.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,

Didier Luneau, General Manager

Reviewed 6 June 2012

HOTEL REVIEW # 207 Westin Calgary

MY TRAVEL STYLE: If possible, I try to stay away from business hotels and strongly prefer resorts that resemble the Four Seasons, Aman, and Oberoi but try to find similar properties at lower cost. I seek out the “wow” experiences.

LOCATION: Great… in the center of downtown and walking distance to a great park and many restaurants.

BEST WAY TO GET THERE: A car from the airport takes about 25 minutes.

TYPE OF ROOM: Standard

BED/SHEETS/PILLOW: Bed is very comfortable and linens are of high quality.

LIGHTING: Great lighting in room and bathroom.

BATHROOM/SHOWER: Shower is remodeled but the showerhead is old and in need of replacement. Very tiny bathroom… nearly have to stand over the toilet to use the sink. OK water pressure.

TOILETRIES: Standard westin products.

CLEANLINESS: Hotel and room were spotless.

A/C: Quiet and worked well.

STYLE OF ROOM: Modern and nice. Be sure to get a renovated room in the main building (not the tower)

COMMON AREA: Very stylish and newly remodeled.

QUIET/MORNING LIGHT: Room was quiet and all light could be blocked with the shades.

FOOD: Breakfast was a better buffet than average for a business hotel.

TV/INTERNET: TV was a bit small for the room size but had many channels. Wifi was fast and reliable.

SERVICE: Staff were all great and provided great service.

SUMMARY: Great place to stay in Calgary. Be sure to get a remodeled room. Go to La Brezza restaurant in town… Delicious (and I am very picky).

Room Tip: Get a room in the remodeled main building (stay away from the tower rooms). Also, this hotel might...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelSnob1

Didier Luneau, General Manager at The Westin Calgary response,

Dear TravelSnob1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent experience at The Westin Calgary. I was very happy to read all of your comments and enjoyed reading if from start to finish. You can be sure I have shared these with the rest of our departments.

Thank you very much again and I appreciate your feedback

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,

Didier Luneau, General Manager

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Good location in downtown Calgary, attached to the +15. Excellent, friendly service. Prices can vary greatly, so check out some different booking websites and ask the hotel to match the price. Rooms are quite nice. Lacking free wi-fi.
Being in downtown, parking is fairly expensive. After seeing one of the valet parkers hit another car, I'd opt to park my own vehicle.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank darewe
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed here for one night on our honeymoon before driving to Banff. We were upgraded to a suite on the business floor and given complementary breakfast the following day.
The room was spacious with a huge window overlooking the city. It also had a proper coffee machine with starbucks coffee. Breakfast was a buffet with lots of choice.
As we didn't explore the city for any real length of time I cant comment on the location.
The staff were pleasant and helpful. I would definitely stay here again if we were in Calgary.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shell11j
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

We ended our long weekend in may with a stay at a great hotel, exceptional service from the front desk, and valet attendant all the way through to checkout. We also had a late supper in the keg attached to the hotel and had the steak and crab with the blackberry martinis.i won't stay anywhere else in Calgary now

• Stayed: May 2012