Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
barbara m
Toronto, Canada

It’s nice here

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 7, 2019via mobile
It’s my second night and I like it here. Rooms are spacious and well laid out, lots of plugs for phones and equipment around the room. Bedding is wonderful. The lobby bar is great, really nice vibe and food is good. Fish tacos are unique and delicious. Staff is great too. Only issue was that there are no makeup mirrors in the room. Moment of panic this morning when I realized this and needed to get going! But they delivered a mirror quickly and all was good. I recommend this hotel for business travel.
Date of stay: March 2019
Responded Mar 8, 2019
Dear barbaram592,

Thank you for the generous review of Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown. We love that we could make you feel at home with our modern, comfortable accommodations and excellent service, right in the heart of central Calgary! We appreciate you recommending us to others and look forward to hosting you again soon.

• Vio.com
0.8 km from Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown
Restaurant
View more hotels in Calgary
1,655 results
All reviews bow river fire station central location room was spacious very nice hotel mini fridge business trip front desk staff floor downtown lobby stampede rockies avenue
Selected filters
Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

I stayed at the Delta for one night (Feb 23) and the room was very clean, bathroom big enough for a downtown hotel bathroom and the shower was a walk in. I was on the 14th floor with views of Calgary Tower. The checkin/ checkout counter was in a temporary location as a pipe bust but other then that all seemed good!! Thanks Delta!

Food and drinks were amazing at Shoe and Canoe. I will submit a more detailed review for them.

Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2019

Dear Sunshinekissed,

Thank you for choosing Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown! We are glad you admired our spacious accommodations and that you enjoyed the energizing views from our hotel. We loved having you and look forward to your next stay!

Jason Clark,

Reviewed February 22, 2019 via mobile

Staff is very friendly otherwise i would not of stayed another night. The manager needs to be more present and walk around. The hotel is still under renovations so the lobby is a mess. The checking counter consists of 3 cafeteria tables with computers. Josette was very pleasant and friendly. Elevators are problematic and 2 seem to be out of service or blocked for workers. Be prepared to wait. Room is new but insanely dusty. At 7 am there was a worker just outside my door who woke me up. I went out and he was on a ladder doing plaster. I wasnt very happy. The young lady at the front desk told me she would give me a good amount of point for the inconvenience. That didnt happen. Breakfast took 30 minutes to arrive and was cold. For business travelers, this hotel is far from ready for you.

2  Thank J8392NTyannl
TeamMarriott, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2019

Dear J8392NTyannl,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay. We apologize for the issues you experienced due to our renovations. We understand the frustrations that occur with a development project and we are grateful for your patience during this time. We hope that you will consider a return visit when our improvements have been completed to experience our renewed and refreshed hotel first hand. If you would like to discuss your recent experience with us in further detail, please do not hesitate to contact our hotel directly and we would be happy to provide any assistance you may need. Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2019 via mobile

Nice hotel and all. Great bar and good, and nice staff. Good location, and city views. Always under renovation and water flooding issues, not sure why. Short drive from airport. Nice big King bed. Not much more to say.

Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2019

Dear Mollita,

Thank you for choosing Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown. We are glad we met most of your expectations and that you had a good time with us. However, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2019

I stayed here while working in Calgary for four nights. This hotel was currently under construction, with renovations blocking access from 4th Ave. The lobby drop-off area was tight with limited turn-around area. The parking garage elevator was out of commission, so everyone had to walk up a couple flights of stairs from their vehicle. The room I had was recently remodeled, and nice. The climate controls worked well. The walls between rooms have no soundproofing - everything going on in the adjacent room was easily heard. Also, the door latch for my room was difficult to fully open, requiring an extra hard push down to allow access. Also, the RFID keys to my room would not work at times, requiring extra trips down the the front desk to get them reprogrammed. On the TV, all channels would cycle through good reception for a few seconds followed by many seconds of terrible digital interruption, making it impossible to watch TV at all for the entire length of my stay. The bed was not particularly comfortable, and I woke up with a sore neck a couple mornings. Even though I agreed to participate in the hotel's green "no housekeeping service" initiative, and hung the "no housekeeping" tag on my door each day, housekeeping ignored it and entered my room to do their work two days of my stay while I was out. As a Platinum Marriott member, I was told this hotel does not provide complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Because there is no real lounge, elite members have access to the "pantry" with various drinks and snacks available, but it is a poor alternative to a real breakfast and seems like a cheap money-saving move. Would I stay here again in the future? Perhaps, but I'd look at a lot of other properties before deciding.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2019

Dear Ajnuff,

We were disheartened to read your review. Please accept our sincere apology for the difficulties you encountered during your stay. You deserved a comfortable and stress-free stay, and we did not live up to your expectations.

We appreciate your feedback as this helps us know where to focus our efforts to improve our guest experience. Please accept our sincere apologies for the frustrations with your mattress. We are truly sorry this impacted your sleep and will pass this on to the appropriate individuals.

We are grateful for your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.

Reviewed February 15, 2019 via mobile

Great spot to stay, park the car, walk the +15, or grab a cab. Staff friendly and accommodating! Great in-house restaurant. Excellent bar and food options. Will definitely return and recommend. Coffee shop also available. A short walk to Bookers which is an amazing bar and restaurant.

1  Thank 342kimg
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2019

Dear 342kimg,

Thank you for the generous review of our hotel, Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown and for recommending us to future guests. We are delighted you loved our attentive staff and that you had a great time at our bar. We can't wait to welcome you back soon!