Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Steven Phan
Calgary, Canada

What a special day and experience

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 7, 2019
I have to give this place 5-stars and I'll tell you why. First off, my newly wedded wife and I stayed here the day of our wedding in Calgary. We didn't get in until late afternoon. Then we had to head out to our reception and back later in the evening.

The front reception staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They waived our parking fee because it was a special occasion for us. Then we had an incident when my wife was taking something out of the vehicle that her bustle broke. We needed the dress for the next day because we had a reception in Edmonton. So Sophia whom I believe is probably one of the managers there. She said she would be able to fix it. So they came up to our room, took the dress away, and not even 30 minutes later came back with the dress repaired. We also had Sharlene (Sorry if I spelt it wrong) that assisted us in this ordeal. Once we ordered some food we were surprised the kitchen had given us some treats along with it at no cost. My wife also had asked if there is somewhere where they could store the bouquet for the night. Sophia was able to take it to a fridge for storage. The team also provided us with some stain removers as the dress was stained from walking around in grass/dirt.

Just when we thought things couldn't get any better our room was also upgraded when we checked in to a corner suite. No noise could be heard, it was an amazing view and a great location. The room was extremely clean.

The next day, while checking out, everyone greeted us with a smile. When I mean everyone literally everyone from staff, cleaners, to guests. We got held up at checkout because the one of the managers from the kitchen/bar had goodie bags for us. I forget his name but extremely friendly guy and helpful. Packed us both goodie bags of Bubly, bars, yogurt, fruits, candy, etc... for our long road trip to Edmonton.

Overall, I would highly recommend this location and the staff there. If you want a great place to stay, they've got it. If you want a great place to eat in, they also got it. The service is superb, I can't say and remember the last time. That I had service + quality like this at any hotels that I've stayed at.

I really want to thank the team from the bottom of my heart at the Delta Hotel Downtown. On what an amazing experience they provided my wife and I. We walked away not feeling like a customer, or just another guest. But family. So thank you! For all that you did, and how above and beyond you guys went for us to make our special day even more special. I can't even put into words how both of us felt on that day.
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded May 8, 2019
Dear Shteevephan,

Thank you for choosing to spend your wedding night at Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown. We have an exceptional team whose top priority is making sure every guest is comfortable and satisfied, and we are glad we exceeded your expectation. Your kind compliments will surely be shared with them. We are grateful for detailed feedback and we look forward to seeing you and your wife again soon.

guest room
    C$149
12.0 km from Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown
View more hotels in Calgary
1,652 results
All reviews bow river fire station central location room was spacious very nice hotel mini fridge business trip front desk staff floor downtown lobby stampede rockies avenue
Selected filters
Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

In centre. Easy walk to downhill. Staff friendly. Excellent large room. Huge beds. A bit of noice from traffic at night. Not too disturbing. Rooms need a safe a definitive negative. reasonable eating nearby

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Delta_YYCBV, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the Delta Calgary Downtown by Marriott. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with the team here. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Richard Main, General Mangaer

Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

We are here for two days after a train ride. They showed us for one night only which is one reason for four stars and not five. It took 20 minutes to straighten it out and they could not apologize enough.

The rooms are good size, clean with a nice bathroom. Air seems fine and there is a mini fridge. There is no mini safe which is my only knock on the room.

The shower is a rain fall and handheld shower head which I like. The rainfall head was loose and spraying up on the ceiling a lot so I hand tightened it.

Other than the check in delay service is very good. With an in room mini safe and a smooth check in I would rate it a 5 star for the price.

Four blocks from the Calgary Tower and one block from the start of China Town. Also close to the rail system that can get you to the zoo in minutes. Plenty of restaurants in the area of Stephens street which is closed to traffic.

View from our room

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2019

Dear emcman,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are glad you had an overall great stay, and that our accessible location with comfortable accommodations and stunning views from your room enhanced your visit. We are grateful for your feedback and invite you to stay with us again for another exceptional stay at Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown.

Reviewed April 28, 2019

The Delta Bow Valley has just been renovated. The rooms are modern, comfortable, and the heating/air conditioning is superb. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The location is excellent and it my favourite hotel in Calgary.

Room tip: The river view is great.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Erna C
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2019

Dear emcarter,

Thank you for the generous rating of Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown. We love that we could make you feel at home with our modern, comfortable accommodations and excellent service, right in the heart of central Calgary! We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

We checked in for a family weekend as part of an event taking place downtown. The location of this hotel is ideal exploring the heart of Calgary with easy access by foot to nearby attractions and transport links. The onsite underground parking was also appreciated, although a little expensive, even on a weekend. That said, we have to give top marks for their renovated property - it looks fantastic! Sleek, contemporary, sexy, yet welcoming and pleasing to the eye. The rooms were very comfortable and those walk in showers were some of the best we've experienced in a hotel. Our son loved the pool and hot tub; the sauna was a nice touch too - don't see many of those these days. We booked to have dinner at Shoe & Canoe, which is their onsite restaurant. It includes a cozy, open planned lounge with fireplace as well as several TV's so no worries about missing your favourite sport. The food was good, although I think there is room for improvement as well as what they offer kids. That's something I would have liked to have seen more of; attention to kids in terms of welcome packs, menu choices, maybe even a games room. Overall, we were still very impressed with the hotel and the staff were extremely kind. We recommend this hotel as a great base to explore the city or for business. We'll be back for sure

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Steven T
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2019

Dear Steven T,

Thank you for the excellent comments regarding your family weekend at Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown. We are so delighted to read that you loved our renovated property, welcoming associates who took great care of you, as well as your modern room. Also, it is great to read that you were impressed with our on-site restaurant, but we have also taken note of the suggestions you gave. We appreciate you recommending us online and look forward to your next stay with us soon.

Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

I had been there for one night and staff were kind, it is so well located. In the heart of downtown. Price is good. Bedrooms are big. There is a pool, big and nice. I really recommend this hotel. In front of Calgary tower.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2019

Dear 772janainab,

Thank you for the excellent comments regarding your stay at Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown. It is great to read that you were impressed with our welcoming associates, ideal location and your spacious room as well. We appreciate you recommending us online and hope to see you again soon.