“Simple stay budget friendly great option!”
Review of Traveller's Inn

Traveller's Inn
Traveller's Inn
Ranked #89 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 4 July 2017

We stayed one night on our way to BC. I didn't want to blow the budget on the usual $200 a night place so this seemed a good option. I wish we would have been better prepared to take advantage of what this room provided. We had a full kitchen - stove with oven, microwave, nice fridge, good size sink, as well as the bathroom sink and separate bathroom with tub and shower. If I had thought about it I would have brought the things to make decent meal instead of eating out for $$$ - we could have used the things from home along our whole trip.

Hubby had a shower and it worked just fine. The bed was comfortable. Everything was clean. The room smelled fine. The traffic noise wasn't too bad. I can sleep through anything - if you are bothered by noise maybe ask for a room on the side or in the back.

Yes the carpet is old and has cigarette burns. Yes the rooms need updating. But for the price, you can't beat it. It was clean, comfortable and quiet. I would definitely stay here again. Oh and the wifi was free and worked really well.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

We had a breakdown so we were late and they waited for us and even called us to make sure we were ok. They very friendly & accomidating even helped with parking since we were pulling a trailer. The rooms are clean and comfortable and you can't beat the price. I will be recommending this place to everyone who will listen. This is a older hotel but clean and comfortable.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Helen L
Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

I checked in because I need to be close to the hospital to have my baby.
My husband went home to bc, and I picked up my mom from the airport.

It smelled that awful when I arrived I left to go to bath and body works to buy some candles and then some febreeze..
I sprayed the room like crazy.

The kitchenette had nothing, like absolutely nothing. We booked the room to cut down on the cost of spending weeks in the city. I asked for some dishes and pots and pans.
They brought some the next morning.. Everything that they brought us was dirty..

I had a shower before going to the airport to get my mom, and once I got in the shower it was clearly dirty. Hairs all over the walls, a blue soapy like substance all over the walls. The tub had been painted to cover the nastiness. The amount of mould around the tub was gross and I'm pretty sure it made both of us sick. The lower part of the tiles surrounding the tub were loose.
I didn't even wash myself I just jumped out and went to front desk to ask for cleaning supplies because I knew my mom wouldn't be able to shower in that filth.

The owner ( I think) came to see the mess I was talking about ( with cleaning supplies for me )and said he would send housekeeping the next morning.

The ceiling vent was hanging from the ceiling and the door barely opened or closed.

The little sink outside the bathroom was the only clean thing in the room. And the walls around were not close to clean.
We didn't have housekeeping come after the first day, or get any towels.

We checked in on a Tuesday, with a reservation until the following Tuesday. We took a loss and checked out on Sunday.

The beds were uncomfortable, but thankfully the room we had didn't have bedbugs!! The sheets were somewhat clean but had burn holes in them. The bedspreads likely haven't been washed since they were purchased.

We had a non smoking room, but there were people smoking outside our door all the time.

I'm pretty sure this place offers an hourly rate. It's full of sketchy people and crackheads. If you even consider this place, don't book it. Spend the extra 20 bucks and stay at the Centro across the street. I'm not even kidding about how nasty this place is.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank lauranyannick
Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

I got to Calgary at about 2am and just wanted a cheap room to crash for a few hrs. The room was serviceable & gave me what I needed. It's not fancy or modern but it is ok just to crash for a night. For $85 I would stay again if I just needed a bed for a night. It was clean.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This undoubtedly the worst motel I have ever stayed at.

The bed sheets had not been changed since the last guest. The sheets were filthy as was the quilt cover and pillow cases.

I slept on the bed in my sleeping bag.

The cost was ridiculous considering the condition of the place.

I was initially given a no smoking room which reeked of smoke

They supplied no soaps, no shampoo.

What ever you do, do not use this place

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Rogermcd
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This place is disgusting..... you couldn't pay me enough to stay here ..... we booked a room, but when we arrived they had lost our reservation, and when we saw the rooms, we just walked out. I would sleep in my car before I would stay in this Motel. The parking lot falling to pieces, buried in snow and water, rooms had dirt over everything.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Avoid this filthy hole at all costs! We were travelling as a family and had our dog with us. After trying several unfriendly hotels we were told no pets. Finally at 9pm we were getting desperate and our kids tired. This hotel is filthy!!! Even the plates and cups in the cupboards were dirty. It smelt and we just couldn't wait to leave. We all slept fully clothed and were on our way at 6am couldn't wait to get out of this place and on our way! Cannot say enough gross things about this place. They even had the nerve to check the room when we left to make sure they would give us our $50 deposit back! It was a joke it smelt disgusting when we opened the door with hindsight it might have been safer and cleaner to sleep in our truck!!! Avoid at all costs this place is a health risk and should be closed down!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family