“Red Tree Catering”
Review of Red Tree - CLOSED

Red Tree
Cuisines: Deli
Description: This is a take out spot in Marda Loop. Tons to chose from and fully cooked all day long. Good if you are travelling and need real food when the hotel has no kitchenette and you don't feel like another restaurant meal. There was outdoor seating but no seating inside. (too small)
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Red Tree Catering has a shop in Marda Loop where people can take out food and also caters in Calgary. It, unfortunately, has yet to realize the issue of food allergies when catering events because it does not list the ingredients in the dishes it serves. At a luncheon I recently attended, a salad that I thought was safe had nuts while another salad had pesto with pine nuts on it. The only way to find out was to ask the staff. This is not the first time i have experienced Red Tree's inattention to these issues and for that reason I do not go to its shop, nor do i hire them to cater events.

1  Thank SignoraCalma

Reviewed July 12, 2010

Terrific place to pick up dinner if you are travelling. We were on the road and did not want drive thru. OrganicS quinoa pattie with spinach and sundried tomato and the best baba ganouch I have ever had on top. $5.50. My partner had a wild sockeye salmon with asparagus bruschetta. We had to eat in the car as we were on a tight timeline but it worked. Seems they bring in local food as the name of a farm was on one of the dishes. Their desserts are a little pricey. One little chocolate mousse bombe was 3.50. Same price as a baguette? I will definately be back.

4  Thank skookum1