All reviews calgary airport front desk staff an early morning flight coffee maker guest rooms restaurant staff stayed here for one night short stay easy access shuttle lounge ihg microwave downtown vehicle zoo stampede
Reviewed June 4, 2011

This is supposed to be in the "airport" area but its farther than most airport hotels from YYC. The decor of the lobby and the rooms seems a bit old, although the room we had did have a nice bed and clean area. One big drawback we felt in the room was that the AC didn't work consistently and this made the room warmer than we would have liked and there was poor room ventilation from the outside. The room did have a nice microwave and fridge which we put to good use. While it is not too close to the airport area, it is conveniently situated by the main roads -- Highway 1, Deerfoot Trail, and Barlow Trail and 36th are close by and easy to access from the hotel. There are not any restaurants within walking distance; I think only a Denny's so that's a bit inconvenient. I think this is an "average" Holiday Inn. Free high speed internet worked fine.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Edward L
Reviewed May 30, 2011

This seems to come up as one of the cheaper choices by Calgary standards (high hotel prices in general) but is fine. Clean and comfortable. My room faced a park and was very quiet. I think I heard an aircraft once, had been concerned about aircraft noise since it is under the often used south approach. But I did not have problems (and planes were using that approach). The pool (did not have time to use) was small. Mainly I was arriving late and leaving early to get to a distant location in the outskirts and traffic would be a bit busy in this area at a normal time, but it is good for access to downtown without actually being in downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for the side facing the park I guess.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Craxiter
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I stayed here after a flight from London,with my husband and my daughter.
The rooms were very dark and drab, but the beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms were very clean.
I was not impressed with the crack in the wash hand basin in the bathroom.
The front desk staff could have been a little bit more friendly, and i generally felt that all staff seemed a bit disinterested.
I have used quite a few Holiday Inns and i was disappointed.
How ever, this hotel served our purpose of a really comfortable bed before travelling
up to the mountains.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kirbykx
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Stayed here for 9 days for work. Good breakfast in the morning, hotel had a lot of large parties while we were there and due to the small recieption area it was crowded on a regular basis. Parking is poor and tight if you arrive at the hotel to late. Nothing is within walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank wick1979
Reviewed December 29, 2010

I don't normally travel or write reviews but I thought that it was worth mentioning... when I stayed at this hotel about a year ago, I had a very important white gold necklace fall out of my jeans and onto the carpet. I called the hotel a couple days afterwards asking if they had seen it and the housekeeping department held onto it with the date and room number, and mailed it back to me. I was so impressed with their honesty! Especially since I have had many brand name articles of clothing stolen from me while staying at various Sandman Inn's. I will definitely stay at Holiday Inn's from now on. (The front desk staff were a little bit rude though!)

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jillybelly28
Noel M, Manager at Holiday Inn Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2011

Thank you very much for submitting this review. It is very imporatant to know how secure our hotel is when items such as jewelry is forgotten and found again and returned by our staff.