Best Western Plus Suites Downtown
Sheraton.com
US$160
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Port O'Call Hotel(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$114
US$109
US$100
Travelocity
All reviewslondon drugssmall kitchenettebreakfast roomabove groundwithin walking distancefull kitchenfree breakfasttwo bedroom suiteunderground parkingrestaurants and barshotel is in a great locationyogurtcalgary stampedehot breakfastwould stay here againan upgradefront desk staff
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I stayed at this Best Western in the heart of Calgary.
So close to everything restaurants are walking distance,and the night life is Great
My room was very spacious, lots of room to move freely
came with a kitchenette, to my surprise.
Breakfast is served Hot or Cold not many places can say that,
is one of the best i ever seen.
From front desk to house porter ALL staff have a smile or greeting for you.
From what I've gathered this hotel is getting better and better,
renovations are in stages not to upset guest
Like i started Can it get better then this
I will be back here again.

Room Tip: Corner Suites have less traffic and Have a Great Breakfast in the morning
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank jay l
calgaryGeorgecalgary, General Manager at Best Western Plus Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Dear Jay I,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great feedback with us. Your positive comments are greatly appreciated and will be shared with our staff.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Hotel Lobby: needs to be refreshed and tidied up some
Check in: Not very courteous:" what is your name", no hello, "credit card please" "here is your key", that was it, no thank you, no enjoy your stay...and no smile, just looked at the computer.
Room: At first site it seems a bit barren but it is large since they upgraded me due to lack of regular rooms.
Clean except a few hairs on the bathroom floor...
Hotel location is not right downtown... a bit of a distance but there are on 17th street, not far away some neat little restos. If you have a vehicle, this is downtown enough.
Most Best Westerns I have stayed in do not have something this one has: A ver noisy elevator, you can hear each one pass... so sleeping is with ear plugs!
I would not say here again, especially since the rates were not very low. So it is not terrible but for a Best Western, not up to par.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Summerchill

Dear Summerchill,

Thank you for sharing your very important comments with us. It is through feedback such as yours that we can constantly strive to improve our service to our valued guests.

We were surprised to hear your negative comments regarding the elevator, as it was recently updated and we routinely receive positive comments on how smooth, quiet and efficient our elevators are.

We have attempted to contact you to discuss, and look forward to a reply email at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Good location for downtown Calgary, great comfortable bed (highest i ever seen off the floor). Good car parking facility behind hotel. Clean and good all round place.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank S35owl
calgaryGeorgecalgary, Manager at Best Western Plus Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Dear S35owl,

We are so happy that you have enjoyed your experience with us!

Thank you and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed March 10, 2012

The hotel is a bit further from the downtown core of than other downtown Calgary hotels, but it is a small price to pay for the spacious room with a mini kitchenette, free Wifi and free parking that you get. The room was very clean with a modern decore and the Wifi connection speed was really good compared to poorer Wifi connections I experienced in pricier hotels. The complimentary breakfast includes a good variety of choices, including hot items, and the staff were friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank 806Ren_L806

Dear 806REN_L806,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with us!

It is quite rewarding to hear that you appreciated our speedy fibre optic WIFI in addition to the facilities, staff and hot breakfast buffet.

We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel the first 3 weeks of January 2012 and the first and last week of February 2012. The staff was exceptional. Uzma in the breakfast room, greeted me and my co-workers every morning with a smile and a "Good Morning!" We missed her and the breakfast when we were not at the hotel. Say Hi to Uzma!
After staying at other more expensive hotels in the city, this hotel provides more for your dollar. The rooms are spacious, clean, and the kitchenettes are a plus. The suites are fantastic!!
During my last stay I had the pleasure of staying in one of the two bedroom suites. The beds are very comfortable, the suites are well equipped and it is like an apartment.
I was happy to find that not only is breakfast included in the stay, but the price also includes free wi-fi and parking.
The location is great too it is central to everything. It is only a short walk to the C-train, 17th ave, also known as the "Red Mile" and many other sites and restaurants.

This location also has laundry facilities, a fitness room and a sauna!!

The Manger of this location, whom I have had the pleasure to chat with, is great and truly cares about the guests having a wonderful stay at the Best Western Plus Suites Downtown.

I for one will stay again and will be encouraging my company to book me in to this location on future business trips to Calgary.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank M S

Dear M S,

Thank you for your glowing review regarding our hotel. It is gratifying to hear that you have enjoyed both our facilities, service, and are very humbled by this.
Again thank you and we look forward to your next visit.