Best Western Plus Calgary Centre Inn
US$153
US$134
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Port O'Call Hotel(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$116
US$89
US$96
US$54
US$99
US$138
US$110
All reviewsmacleod trailclose to downtownstampede parkbathroom doorhot tubchinook mallfront desk staffjacuzzi suitec trainbreakfast roomhot breakfasteasy accessrecommend this hotelincluded breakfastenjoyable stayconvenient locationcomfortable bed
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Was delighted at our stay. The hotel is very close to a c-train station, which is the easiest way to get around Calgary. The front desk attendant was very helpful as well as friendly and went above and beyond to help us out. The rooms were nice, nothing special. There was in room temperature control and the shower was a rain shower and it was amazing! The beds are super comfortable but beware, they are hard to get out of in the morning because they are so comfy! I felt that my money was well spent there and the price was very reasonable

• Stayed: September 2011
7  Thank JoJoPanda
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Just spent a night at this hotel on Sunday, August 21st. I was extremely happy with all the front desk staff both at check in and check out. They couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. I appreciated the lobby computer to enable me to send a quick email home to stay I arrived safely. The room was very clean and I was on the Macleod Trail side but the traffic didn't keep me awake at all. Large room but I really would have appreciated a bar size fridge in the room. Breakfast was decent and I enjoyed their coffee.

The only negative thing was the breakfast server person who was refilling all the jams and jellies but put her tray on top of all the dishes and I had to wait 5 minutes (standing next to her) for a plate. I could have told her to move but hoped she would be a little more aware, apparently not.

Wake up call was entetered correctly and received. The clock/alarm sounds a lot like a fire alarm (it really does) and I seriously thought it was a fire alarm (I was in the bathroom at the time). I ran out ready to evacuate when I realized what it was. Well it would certainly wake you up I guess. Just a hint, turn it to radio or just order a wake up call. No point in scaring yourself silly.

Still for the great front desk staff and the room itself I give this a solid 4 out of 5.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank Baxterthetravelguy
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We booked this hotel to go to the Stampede. It is very convenient for this as it is only 1 stop on the C Train, and a bout a 10 minute walk to the station from the hotel. It is also cheaper than the downtown hotels. If you are not going to the Stampede you may want to stay downtown though. Several of the car hire companies are based within 5 minutes walk of the hotel, including Thrifty, Hertz and Avis.

The room was spacious - and had everything that we needed. The hotel itself is nothing special, but the staff are very friendly. They also returned my wife's purse to me, full of cash, that we did not even know was missing.

We also visited the Heritage Park, and the station (39th street I think it was called) was also convenient for that

Free wireless internet was a bonus.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Starkraving
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We stayed here for 2 days when I had to pick my son up from Calgary Airport, and wanted somewhere to stay after the drive from the Battlefords to Calgary.

This hotel was very pleasant, free parking was ample. We booked a Jacuzzi Suite so it was a bit pricier @ $199 per night (with CAA discount). The suite was huge, in one room was a tv, the kitchenette, a pull out bed and flat screen tv; the other bedroom had a queen sized bed, huge bathroom with double sink, toilet, shower and tub. The toilet was placed just a bit too far away from the sink under which the toilet rolls were, so you have to reaaaaallly stretch to get the loo roll if you are sat on the throne, which is awkward unless you have arms like a gorilla.

The kitchenette area was very sparse, no plates, no cutlery, no cups, nothing. The coffee machine was ridiculously small. If you arent going to provide a restaurant at the hotel, but you do provide a kitchenette, you should certainly provide all that kind of stuff, plus a microwave so people can at least eat something other than local take away. And if they do get a takeaway, they cant eat it because there is no cutlery or plates. As for the coffee machine, it is far too small, it would be better if they provided a coffee machine that can serve at least two to three cups at a time.

The hotel does have a pool and a hot tub, which was nice and relaxing. The staff are all incredibly helpful here which makes your stay a lot more pleasant. Customer service is a dying art, but the staff here all have a degree in it! They cant do enough for you.

Although this hotel is on a main road with the LRT behind, we were not disturbed by any noise at all and had two very good nights' sleep.

The only thing about this hotel that we didnt like was no restaurant and no bar; it might be an idea if they could extend towards the car park to accommodate a kitchen, restaurant and bar area then this would be perfect. There is also no room service. You can obtain alcohol using Dial-a-Bottle, and the hotel do recommend a local takeaway restaurant called Mannies but it is very expensive and Greek orientated which might not be everyone's cup of tea. There is an A&W's within walking distance of the hotel, and a Tim Hortons. The room prices should perhaps be reduced as there are no facilities for eating and drinking at the hotel apart from vending machines, and you do, after all, pay for all the amenities available at the hotel, of which room service and a restaurant/bar are normally a given.

We would stay here again and may well be doing so in the near future when my son flies back to the UK.

Room Tip: Mention your CAA card if you have one at time of booking.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank FoxyFi23
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This hotel was a pleasure to stay at. The price was reasonable compared to other Calgary Hotels. The location was located on a major road. Parking was free. The room was decent and the hotel service was good. Our only complaint was there wasn't anything decent to walk to near the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family