“Very comfortable for quiet travellers”
Review of Hotel Blackfoot

Hotel Blackfoot
Ranked #19 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 18 July 2017

All the facilities I needed were available and in good condition. The staff were very helpful and accommodated my bike and subsequent packaging well. Trip from Calgary airport was $41 by taxi, so a little more than a shuttle to a downtown airport. I
Overall a good experience but I'd stay closer to the city next visit.

Room Tip: Pool side was nice, but it isn't very noisy
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Scott W, General Manager at Hotel Blackfoot, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Kiwi2cycle:

Thanks for your comments.

We consider our location on the edge of downtown as an advantage that allows us to provide free parking and a little bit easier access to the hotel. I hope you will come back for the service if not the location.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

So happy this hotel goes the extra mile for guests! Every detail was great--they even upgraded us to an upper floor that had homemade breads for breakfast and juices just outside your room! Service was outstanding and gracious, as were all the people we met on our trip in Canada. Loved it and will stay there again!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

jilljaxxSanPedro_CA:

Thanks for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Let me just start with Canada is an awesome country to visit, especially around the Calgary Stampede.

I stayed at the Blackfoot Hotel in one of their executive rooms for the week I was at the Calgary Stampede visiting friends and family, as well as going to the Rodeo.

Fantastic hotel, did so much for me, made many new friends and was a nice touch when they said we are actually going to miss you. So I have their numbers, and I will be going back to Calgary very soon again, and yes, I will stay at the Blackfoot Hotel.

Amazing place, amazing people, just what the UK could be if it was not so pent up about everything. Brits could really take a leaf out of how the Canadians are, such amazing people.

Room Tip: Well I stayed in an executive suite, which was on the 6th floor out of 7 floors. Large, comfortable...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Jerry P:

Thanks for your extremely positive comments. Great to read that you enjoyed you visit to Canada, Calgary and Hotel Blackfoot. eh?

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

The whole place was well kept and clean. Staff were most friendly and helpful. We stayed on our eay through Calgary and since we enjoyed our stay so much stayed there on our way back and spent an additional night as well!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Bon P:

Thanks for staying an extra day! I am glad to read that our staff were helpful. We don't always get it right, but we try to every time...

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Conference and very nice space! Restaurant was good. Community minded and pleased to say they donated space and rooms for our guests! Thanks so much. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The desk was very helpful and pleasant to deal with! It is not close to the airport but convenient to other areas of the city?

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

SmartAlec2:

I am happy to read that we were able to contribute to the success of your event. Thanks for the positive comments.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The hotel is under construction so I would not recommend this place if you need to sleep during the day.
Nice, basic room, small fridge but no microwave.
The bathroom door is extremely heavy to slide shut. And, it doesn't close all the way, you can see the person in the shower, so if you're staying in the hotel room with a creeper, be ware!
The whirlpool is in a tiled room all to itself, nowhere near the pool so that was a little odd.
The wifi is really bad (pages won't load) so if you rely on it for anything you're out of luck.
They advertise some green option but if you want to stay in an environmentally friendly room you have to pay more....not sure what that's about.

I recommend the Comedy Club downstairs. Conveniently fun, have a few drinks and able to walk upstairs to bed.

Room recommendation: if you need to rest in the day, ask for a room not near the jackhammering & drilling

Stayed: July 2017

Cala3:

I am sorry to read that your stay with us was not exactly in line with the experience we usually try to provide. There are sweeps on the bathroom door to eliminate any view into the bathroom. I will have the maintenance team check to make sure they are in good repair.

Our Wi-Fi is a robust network that has been taxed somewhat a bit with increased usage. We are exploring newer technologies to handle the increased usage.

The floors that offer the green option are on the executive floors in the hotel. The hotel offsets the carbon output of the electrical usage by buying power from Bullfrog Power. The rooms on those floors also have upgraded amenities and food & beverage options included in the rate.

I apologize for the construction noise you experienced on your visit but we are committed to keeping the hotel modern and our offering current. Unfortunately there is never a good time for construction. We are working as fast as possible to get it completed as soon as possible.

I hope you will give us another try on your next visit to Calgary.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Our experience was in the dining room only - not a hotel stay.
The buffet offers a variety of salads, some seafood/fish items and a nice selection of hot items with a variety of meats. The Yorkshire pudding served with the beef is a favorite of mine.
There is a delicious selection of desserts with my favorite of creme brulee.
The buffet includes a beverage.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Nanananna:

I am glad you enjoyed your buffet experience at the hotel. Must admit, the crème brulee is one of my favourites too.