Lowest prices for your stay
US$66
US$64
Hotels.comUS$66
TravelocityUS$66
ZenHotels.comUS$68
All reviews c train pancake machine hard boiled eggs breakfast room front desk staff rooms are comfortable mini fridge cereal kitchenette treadmill properties sofa
Selected filters
Reviewed October 5, 2016

Really good hotel, clean tidy, had coffee in room. Great hotel for an overnight stay whilst visiting relatives. Didn't have time for breakfast in the am so can't comment. But definately recommend especially for Calgary stampede season as not far at all!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
EconoInnsSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2016

Thank you for your wonderful comments and we look forward to showing you another great stay the next time you come to Calgary!

Reviewed October 3, 2016

Hotel is in Hotel Village across from McMahon Stadium so lots of choices of places to stay. Parking is tight, rooms are a bit compact. Breakfast is included but no hot meal and minimal choices...coffee is awful. Pool is nice but the exercise room is quite tiny and limited equipment. It's an ok place for a night but I don't think I would enjoy a longer term stay. Watch out in the morning, the elevators are hogged by the housekeeping staff so virtually impossible to get up or down at that time.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and we're sorry to hear we were unable to exceed your expectations. Your feedback helps us improve and we hope to have the chance to show you a better stay the next time you're in town.

Reviewed October 2, 2016 via mobile

Let's start with the fact that the a bar of soap from the previous guest, with hair, was still in the soap dish when I arrived. Let's then add that at midnight, a clock radio started blaring from an unoccupied adjoining room for precisely one hour (probably was unplugged by a guest, thoughtlessly plugged back in by cleaning staff without checking to see if the alarm was in the "off" position.) Rusting metal straps held the baseboard heaters in place in both the washroom and main room. You get the picture.

There are many hotel choices on this street, of varying quality and price. This facility truly puts the "econo" in Econo Lodge. The price point is low, no question. However the room, or at least some of the rooms, make it clear why this is the case. I gather that there are newer rooms than the one I stayed in. My portion of the building was at the back of the lot. My room was old, with dated furnishings, a distinct lack of electrical outlets, and a fraying carpet. I ended up sleeping on top of the bed in my own sleeping bag. I just did not have a good feeling about this place. At all.

Checking out after a miserable night - my neighbours were up till 2am, and there is little to filter out noise between rooms - I was not asked by staff at all about how my stay was. I suppose they knew better than to pose such a question.

Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank anacreon100

Thank you for your comments and we're sorry to hear you're unhappy. Your comments have us concerned as we have no records showing that there were any issues with your room; cleanliness or noise. We do note that we called your room around 6pm to see if everything was satisfactory and our agent left you a voicemail and didn't hear back. We do have staff on 24 hours to ensure that if you have problems with the quality, cleanliness or noise in your room they can meet your needs and you can have a great stay. We do apologize for failing to exceed your expectations and hopefully we can have the chance to show you a better stay the next time you are in Calgary.

Reviewed September 28, 2016

Located short walk from great shopping and eating. Vicinity has good vibes. Staff were courteous and were able to give detailed directions for destinations within the City.

Room interior was 33 degrees C (91 degrees F) when I arrived (mid-September!) and it took two hours to reach a bearable temperature.
Fit & finish old and tired but I guess in line with price.
There was no inspection certificate visible in the elevator.

Given a similar opportunity I would consider one of the adjacent hotels (there are several nearby) and pay a little more.

Room tip: Choose an east facing room (unless you like it hot!), east view is pleasant.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Ted E

Thank you for your comments and we're sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. We can assure you that our elevator is inspected every month and our inspection certificate is on the premises. Thank you again and we hope your next stay in Calgary is a pleasant one!

Reviewed September 25, 2016

We stayed here just before flying from Calgary and it was great having free parking. Good value for money for a motel room and the rooms were clean and tidy which was perfect for a short stay. There were local places to eat nearby as well so we popped into Boston Pizza which is a short 5 minute walk away. The staff were very friendly and our flight time had changed and they were very accommodating and let us check out a little later than the usual time.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosie H
EconoInnsSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2016

Thank you for your comments and we're glad to hear you had a good stay with us. We look forward to providing you with the same pleasant accommodations the next tiem you're in town!