Lowest prices for your stay
US$66
US$62
Hotels.comUS$66
TravelocityUS$66
ZenHotels.comUS$68
All reviews c train pancake machine hard boiled eggs breakfast room front desk staff rooms are comfortable mini fridge cereal kitchenette treadmill properties sofa
Selected filters
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

Very happy with our stay and price, great location for heading west to Winsport for the bobsled and luge and further to Banff. The hotel is great for football as the stadium is 10 minute walk. Also close to train for downtown (5 min walk) Several restaurants within walking distance. We received an upgraded room, but not sure what the upgrade was looked like any other room, a bit small for the two beds but clean and quiet. We did not use the breakfast, it's typical Econo lodge low quality. In this age with room rates in the $90 per night breakfasts are poor... Would use again if we go back

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
EconoInnsSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us and we're glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon and show you another great stay!

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

Overall I had a great stay and I thought the room was beautiful but there were a few issues.

The tub was plugged up when I got there but it was fixed right away after I called the front desk

The window screen was broken. I didn't notice right away because it was a hot summer. But when I realized I could hear outside noise clearly I saw that it was broken.

The fitness centre didn't have cleaning equipment. I'm not sure if I was supposed to go to the front desk for that but there was nothing to clean the equipment with in the centre.

The continental breakfast wasn't that great but it wasn't bad either. I ended up going to the Denny's that was very close by.

There were some issurs but for the price I paid it was a great stay.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank theresaq2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. We're sorry to hear you experienced a maintenance issue in the room; however we are happy it was taken care of promptly. We do have a bottle of cleaner and cloths in the fitness center below the clock for cleaning off the equipment, we're not sure if another guests didn't put in back in the proper place. We are glad you enjoyed the value of your stay and we hope to see you again the next time you're in town!

Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

I stay for five nights the hotel is ok but the breakfast is the same everyday.The staff are great and friendly but the manager she is arrogant and ignorance. I advice her to look different kind of job. She isn't qualify to deal with customers. The pool and spa are awesome.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Teddy B
EconoInnsSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

Thank you for your comments and we're sorry to hear you did not enjoy staying with us. We hope your next stay in Calgary is more pleasant than the last!

Reviewed June 29, 2017

Only thing that stood out to me was their terrible breakfast options....there was only oatmeal as a hot food option. The rest were pastries and hard boiled eggs, pretty disappointing. Staff were friendly and it seems like some guests are recurring guest probably because of the proximity to the university and hospital. Wouldn't necessarily ban it from my list of places to stay, but I will be seeing what other options are available when I do go to Calgary again. Beds were too soft for my liking, wi fi was okay, not the best.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Monica H
EconoInnsSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy our Easy Starts Continental Breakfast. As an economy accommodation provider, at this price point we don't offer a hot continental breakfast. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope your next stay is more pleasant than the last.

Reviewed May 30, 2017

Let me start by saying the initial mistake on booking was totally my fault but what ensued is totally unacceptable.

I booked this hotel in a rush (on-line) due to a family medical emergency. I accidentally hit 2 rooms instead of 2 people and made a reservation. Immediately recognizing what I had done I telephoned the property to cancel one room. (Yes, I know I hit the accept button) The person answering the phone did not even have my info yet but when she found it took it to her manager who refused to cancel the one room. I then phoned customer service with Choice Hotels and they said they would try and get it canceled for me due to the circumstances. Again the manager refused.

When I arrived they offered to cancel the room but still charge me (ridiculous) so I took the two King rooms. One of my rooms was queen room with a kitchen which they called an upgrade. I again asked for my money back as they did not provide me with the beds I had booked. Again refused!

The room itself was clean but the walls are paper thin and we could hear people talking and laughing three rooms away. As I spend a lot of time in Choice Hotels I was appalled at this type of treatment by the hotel management. Needless to say, this was one of my last stays in this hotel.

Room tip: pick a different hotel!
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank randyy639

Thank you for sharing your comments and we're sorry to hear you're unhappy. We hope your next stay in Calgary is a pleasant one.