Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$59
Algotels
StayForLong
Hotels.com
All reviews c train pancake machine hard boiled eggs breakfast room desk staff mini fridge cereal kitchenette treadmill properties sofa
Selected filters
Reviewed July 31, 2022 via mobile

We have an electric car and so when we travel if possible we try stay in hotels that have an electric vehicle charger on site. I always call the hotel directly to confirm as the websites are not always accurate.

We called this hotel directly before booking onine and were advised by the woman on the phone (who had to put us on hold while she checked), that there was a car charger in the covered parking area. Great - the only warning was it was first come first served (which is how most are).

When we arrived we asked where the vehicle charger was located and due to language issues the front desk person thought we were talking about a car cell phone charger... but another person came over and told us no EV charger on site.

That was the whole reason for booking at this hotel and on a long weekend most places nearby were sold out. So we had to change our schedule to go and find a car charger instead of being able to do this at the hotel as planned.

We would not have booked had we been given accurate information. And to pour salt in the wound, after we checked in the same person at the front desk who thought we wanted a cell phone charger called to ask if we were satisfied with the room, and I said room was fine but unhappy about no EV charger, he got confused and put us on hold and left us on hold... I eventually just hung up.

Poor service.

Hotel was clean. Our room was large but very spartan in furnishings and dated except new flooring. Bed was OK and no issue with noise. Shower head was long past its prime so not a great shower. Door into the room was backwards and swung to the open room and not to the wall but it had a door arm on it so you could not open all the way. Thiis made it hard to get luggage into the room as there was a table that limited access.

Never tried the included breakfast. Why don't hotels offer the breakfast right until check out time? Why do they cut if off so early?

I feel ripped off.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank I_Roam_AB
Reviewed July 14, 2022 via mobile

Awful place smoked in rooms refused refund . The room offered was filthy and heavily smoked in . Got told too bad we can’t help you but still took our money. Dreadful place. I understand that the hotel can’t control people smoking in a room but this should be identified when cleaned , but linen stained so cleaning standards clearly not up to par.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2022 via mobile

The worst experience when arriving at this place to check in.
As much as I am appreciative of the final resolution, I was still disappointed.

No apology from the guest services manager for the rude manner of which was shown from behind the front desk from the front desk agent.

I have not seen that behavior from anyone behind a front desk ever, and by keeping them on is the worst decision that could be made.

good luck if you do have to deal with this one person, it has put both properties now on my never to stay there again list.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed June 18, 2022 via mobile

Clean. Quiet. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Shower is small. Wifi could be better.

I am tired of the less housekeeping service unless I ask for it. I’m in a hotel I want service.

Elevator did break down on check out day. Would have been nice to have help. But housekeeping staff were going to have a hard time. Overall a comfortable stay

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2022

Been a few times, keep coming back.

Located in a a cluster of hotels, there's not much within walking distance except a McDonalds, but close to main roads.

I arrived Victoria day weekend, so parking (and hotel) were quite full - but I always found a spot. Desk staff were fine, polite and efficient.

Breakfast was OK - fair selection of food, could do with some cheese and some more fruit, though. Has a decent sized swimming pool, looks quite clean, and a washer/drier. Small gym as well.

Ended up in the adjoining (older) building, not in the main tower. These rooms look older, also - no lift, have to use the stairs only. Window faces onto the open corridor.

Room was fine, fairly spacious, storage room OK. Had a big fridge, a sink, a microwave, an oven..... Bathroom fine. Had a small table and two chairs - as usual, chairs too low for table.... TV had a fair selection of channels but was analogue. Wifi was a problem - signal was strong enough for phone but my laptop had a real problem getting connected and staying so.

a/c heating worked fine.

Room tip: go for a tower room
Date of stay: May 2022