Kensington Riverside Inn
  • Fitness centre
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewschef's tablememorial driveboutique hoteloxbow restaurantbow riversmall hotelgreat boutiquewedding nighteach morningroad noisecomplimentary coffeeunderground parkingcomfortable bedmodern decordowntown calgaryroom rateclose to downtown
Reviewed January 7, 2018

Our stay at the Inn and dinner at the Oxbow were definitely special. Our room with the fireplace was very nice and all the staff that we encountered were very helpful and professional. Heated parking when it’s -30c was an added treat.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2018

This is a hidden Gem in the heart of the city that we are already planning our next trip to visit. I would recommenced The Kensington Riverside Inn to friends and family as a great place to stay and relax.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 26, 2017

Not as good as I thought it would be. The front desk was friendly but tv remote wasn’t working properly, electrical outlet didn’t work and toilet didn’t flush properly. The meal and drink credit wasn’t communicated to us clearly at the beginning and we weren’t able to use it. But instead asked us to go somewhere else. Overall, not the best value compare to other 4 or 5 stars in the city.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hilary L, Manager at Kensington Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2017

Good afternoon and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay. I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues that you experienced as this does not meet our standard of excellence which we pride ourselves on. The maintenance issues that you mentioned have been addressed and we will use this as a training opportunity for the future. Over the holidays we did reduce our restaurant hours to only be open for breakfast on December 25th & 26th. I apologize that you were not fully informed, as we attempted to notify all guests via different booking channels, as well as place notice on our website and inside all guest rooms. We will be following up with all individuals involved to ensure that this miscommunication does occur again in the future. I will be reaching out directly because we take your concerns very seriously, and I hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed December 9, 2017

I strongly recommend this place but with only 19 rooms you better anticipate to enjoy. Congrats to the chef and the team who run it and whi designed. Keep going. Bravo a l'équipe, beau travail, je reviendrais

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for a quick visit just last night for business in Calgary. Unfortunately did not have enough time to really enjoy the hotel and all it had to offer, or the area around Kensington. Great things about the hotel were the service, from check in/check out to the coffee/juice service (and ordered breakfast) in the morning, and the comfortable, well appointed rooms (for ex I loved the shampoo products.. environmentally friendly containers and great mint products, and bed was so comfortable). A few drawbacks were the noise (loud doors closing in the evening, meeting right outside my room this am, and major construction outside... latter point not within their control whatsoever I know) and some challenges consistently connecting to the free internet (could not get on last night, this am it was super fast). Overall I really enjoyed my stay and would stay again, particularly for a relaxing stay in Calgary (as a couple or as friends).

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business