All reviews chef's table memorial drive boutique hotel bow river gas fireplace small hotel each morning underground parking complimentary coffee downtown calgary comfortable bed room rate close to downtown shower head stayed for one night thermos kri
Reviewed June 21, 2018

I booked a room in this hotel for my wife’s 65th birthday. The rate was more than $500 per night and we stayed for one night. When we checked in there was noone at the reception desk and I had to ask an employee to call someone. The same thing happened when we checked out. The room was advertised as having a river view. Technically it did, I suppose, as a tiny portion of the river is visible from the balcony over a very busy street. We didn’t use the balcony because of traffic noise. I brought a bottle of champagne and found there was no fridge in the room - I had to call reception to have one brought up. The toilet didn’t flush properly.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Werna B, Manager at Hotel Arts Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Good morning and thank you so much for your very candid feedback of your most recent stay with us. I am so sorry to hear that your experience fell short of expectations, and I assure you that we take this very seriously. It is our intent to ensure all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable, and that we provide good value for your money. As a small property our front desk does on occasion need to step away from the desk to assist arriving or in-house guests, and I will ensure that they are clearly displaying the signage we have to indicate that by dialing 0 they will return to the front desk immediately. There is certainly no excuse for poor maintenance, and this will also be addressed with the team. I have noted on your profile the request for a fridge and will have this placed in your room prior to any future stay. I do hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to provide a more satisfactory experience, and as such I would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to a suite for your next reservation. I have also added this note to your profile at this time. If you have any futher questions or comments, please feel free to contact us directly.

Yours in Hospitality,

Werna Boek
Director of Operations

Reviewed June 20, 2018

One of the best facilities we have ever stayed in. The staff was great and the rooms were clean and very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and congenial. We very much enjoyed our stay. We would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend this Inn to family and friends.

Reviewed June 11, 2018

We needed to escape our Reno and have a little one on one time. This was a beautiful hotel in a beautiful location. We want to do this again, to enjoy their patio and the bikes for a summer afternoon. My husband and I decided we needed to do this at least once a year , it was relaxing and completely enjoyable. The staff were lovely, all very helpful and personable. Oxbow restaurant was fantastic. If it’s a rainy day, like when we left , we felt the options were limited as to where to hang out. Only your room, no lobby or lounge area. A drawback in bad weather . Coffee shops nearby would be my choice at that point . Starbucks and Higher Ground (my favourite) were just down the block. Value for your dollar here is excellent, and you cannot beat the location .

Reviewed June 10, 2018

Located just across the river from downtown Calgary I found this small inn. About 10 rooms, mine was newly refurbished and up to date for a business traveler. Excellent staff on arrival and departure. Food was wonderful. Bar area was nice as was the patio. To top it off you get a $20 F&B credit.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2018

The hotel and the rooms are very clean and it was a good feeling to stay here. But the Breakfast service was very slow. And a waiter with a smile is a better one. The check in was good and the location is good.

1  Thank ortwinh2016
Werna B, Manager at Hotel Arts Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Thank you so much for your review of your most recent stay, and we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I truly appreciate your feedback regarding our breakfast service and will be sure to discuss this with our team. We are always looking to improve our services and amenities, and this will be used as a coaching opportunity. Looking forward to welcoming you back when next the opportunity arises!

Yours in Hospitality,