I had no expectations arriving at this hotel. The reviews led me to believe this place could be awful or great. And there is nothing wrong with this place per se. It's clean, decently appointed and offers free parking (huge plus for downtown Calgary). My father and I shared a room with two queen beds and for two nights, it was fine for us. I'm big on things being clean, and this place was - right down to the washroom.
However, it's clearly not in the same ballpark as other hotels in downtown Calgary. Firstly, it's a little out of the way of the rest of downtown Calgary, however it is pretty close to a c train. The breakfast, while free, was barely adequate. Scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, cereal, yogurt, juice and coffee. I don't eat egg or sausage, so I was left with toast and a cinnamon bun. There was a pancake machine there, but it looked like it hadn't been touched, so I stayed away. Also, they didn't replace the shampoo or conditioner (which were excellent quality) and I had to ask for more.
A nice touch which we didn't take advantage of was the in room microwave and fridge. My boyfriends father stays here for 5 nights at a time when he's in Calgary consulting and enjoys these amenities.
So it's the little things that keep this out of the league of other downtown Calgary hotels. However, I would very likely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Calgary Downtown. We are a newly renovated hotel (complete in Spring 2016). We offer complimentary hot buffet breakfast, parking and WiFi. We offer a variety of rooms including King, King Executive, King Jacuzzi, Two Queen, One Queen Accessible and our large Penthouse located on the 10th floor. We also offer a 24 hour business centre and fitness centre. Our staff work hard to make sure that you are always taken care of and that you feel you are home away from home. We are located just west of the downtown core, close to Stephen Avenue Mall, the CORE shopping complex, trendy 17th avenue district and only one block away from Calgary's Light Rail Transit system (where travelling downtown is complimentary). We are also located very close to many corporate offices as well as many leisure activities. Families love our hotel for the clean, modern atmosphere as well as being so close to many family friendly activities. Don't forget our free hot buffet breakfast! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Calgary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Calgary Hotel Calgary
- Holiday Inn Calgary
- Calgary Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express Calgary Alberta