“Easy to find. Pleasant room.”

Comfort Inn & Suites Calgary Airport
Ranked #68 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Friendly welcome by front desk person. Room is very adequate. Very comfortable king size bed with nice bedding and five pillows comfortable pillows.

Bathroom has a nice shower stall. But the door needs some repair to close properly. Nice big screen TV with good reception. Microwave and fridge included. And there is a fabulous jet tub Jacuzzi insuite nicely surrounded by tile.

Internet included and you can ask the front desk for a wake-up call via telephone.

There is a free breakfast. But it's the usual standard fare. Nothing special.

Overall, a very well-managed property. And only about a 15-minute drive to downtown.

Great location for shopping if you are looking for Safeway, Costco, London Drugs, Michaels. Tons of restaurants including a Smashburger within a short drive or walk.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Sheree Z

Reviewed 22 June 2012

I never even stayed here before and managed to encounter some truly terrible service. Not even service, but attitude from a staff member. My colleague stays here when she is in Calgary. It turns out the hotel was looking to get hold of some paperwork, which I happened to have a copy of at the office.

The staff member refused to call my colleague directly, who was the one actually staying with them, and instead insisted that I send the paperwork to them. I faxed them the paperwork within moments, however their fax line came back as busy.

Over the next hour, I received four more phone calls from this employee, who's name I won't mention, saying I needed to fax the paperwork and why hadn't I done it yet - I tried explaining several times that I had tried faxing it, but their line was busy, but he didn't believe me - (by this time I had attempted it 7 times - it came back busy every time.) Each time he called he was ruder and ruder, which is a bit rich considering it wasn't an issue on my end, and he should be talking to their actual guest.

I offered to email the paperwork, for which he then gave me an incorrect email address (even after I verified it with him.) After trying to email it several times I got another rude phone call asking why I hadn't sent it.

I later learned that this employee then had the nerve to mention to my colleague that 'I was not understanding him.'

Needless to say, I will certainly make a point of never staying here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank PDove
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Coming in from a 6 hr drive-we arrived at 10 pm and were greeted sourly by the front desk person. Inquiries were answered so rudely that we really considered checking into another hotel but our kids were so tired and just wanted to sleep. Then went into the room and only the beds were done. The washroom is so disgusting. It was not a very pleasant stay! We travel quite a bit and will make sure to never stay at Comfort Inn ever! For the discount price we paid for - not worthed even for $30 a night! We will make sure to tell friends and families about this horrible night!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Suitca
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Wow, it was a great experience to stay there. Nice hot breakfast served. A lot of options for the breakfast and the guy in the breakfast room provided an excellent customer service. He made my day by doing some extra efforts in my meal. I love it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Inderpreet S
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The pictures are very old. These rooms are old and run down. The beds are horribly uncomfortable too. This place sucks.

Room Tip: Just don't come here!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Bev L
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This place is in a great location, close to really good restaurants and shopping. Rooms are clean and over all the hotel isn't bad. Not my style, but okay if you are looking to save $40 or more per night compared to nicer hotels in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank tom_teebird
comfortinnairp, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete Guest review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Nadir

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Booked on discount site that you pay before getting the name of the hotel for 100plus taxes. For the price I am not too dissatisfied but if it I payed full I would be a little more vocal.

Check in was good, fast, customer service was average.
Our floor smelled like cheap cleaner, the room smelled fine.
Bedding was old and sheets were wll worn.
Mattress was hard. I liked it some may not.
Room was cold. Had thermostat up to 75, temp remained at 62.
Our room had very little water pressure in the shower.
Hair dryer did not work (pressed reset and test)
We used pool at the end of the day...could not find switch for hot tub jets.
Cedar Sauna was a bonus, but the door didn't close properly.
Bandaid on pool area floor.
Night staff stated breakfast was at 6, guest book stated 630. But also stated it was current to Feb 2011. We were down at 6 breakfast was at 630.
Shuttle leaves every 45 min.

Overall I won't recommend it, there are many other hotels in the area, but I would not recommend avoiding it either.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank iwonttell

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to fill out review . I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.
Nadir