“girls getaway and we chose the right place!”

Hyatt Regency Calgary
Ranked #16 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 30 July 2011

So there were four of us gals heading for a spa trip to Calgary. The best spa was in the Hyatt Hotel and to make things easier, we booked in there too - rather than making our way around the city.

We weren't disappointed.

The check in was quick and VERY friendly. The bellmen took care of our luggage for us as we headed up to our room. We booked adjoining rooms so we could all yak together. It was beautiful.

The rooms are very spacious and elegant and so very clean. (I'm a bit of a germophobe so I notice this sort of stuff.)

We spent the rest of the day shopping and then out to see a Broadway musical in town. (Wicked - go see it if you get the chance!)

We ordered room service and it came so quick and was very reasonably priced.

The next day we headed down to the Stillwater Spa for the entire day. It was by far one of the best we've been to and we go to them all over world. The staff were amazing. From the moment we arrived until we left, everything went perfect.

The hotel gave us a late check out so we could go back upstairs before our dinnertime flight and get changed etc.

Really, for the value etc - well worth staying here. We had a ball!

Room Tip: Ask if they will upgrade you. (it never hurts and we often get upgraded because we ask)
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank northernlightstravel
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Calgary

Reviewed 29 July 2011

this hotel is well located on 8th Av. near shopping centers and at 20min by foot from Prince's Island and same distance from 17th Av. shopping center. Sandstone bar lounge is a very good place to lunch (excellent burgers), Thompson Restaurant offer a famous breakfast (and may be for lunch and diner) .... rooms are well sized and very clean. The swimming pool is small but cute with beautiful view.......and over all of this service (desk, bar, restaurant) is more that perfect ...
Go there !

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Traveler62France
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Great city center location. Handy for shopping and down town business district. Fabulous buffet breakfast served every morning.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank lonelyplanetnot
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We stayed here during Stampede with our kids. Overall I rate this hotel highly but we did have one negative as when we checked in we noticed the bathtub was not very clean.
- Central location close to shopping and restaurants and reasonable walking distance to the Stampede grounds in one direction and a very nice river front park in another direction (great place to rent bikes)
- Staff were excellent as all were very friendly and helpful
- Room service food quality was just average
- Breakfast buffet was pretty standard and included an omelette station
- Parking is $25 per day for self park and $35 per day for valet
- pool was on 18th floor and while not very big was quite nice
- very nice fitness center. Large with good equipment

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank dcrose
Reviewed 11 July 2011

2nd time staying here this year, this time with family. Prices doubled as Stampede was on, too many hidden charges on final bill. Staff are very friendly and helpful, location is great. We arrived on Weds and William and Kate arrived Thurs! so we got a few pics of the royals over a couple of days.
Very comfortable stay all in all - and stampede was GREAT!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Geight
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Pluses: The hotel is situated in the heart of the downtown, perfect for walks, shopping, eating. The rooms are spacious, especially the bathrooms. Water pressure is excellent. Staff are friendly. But there were many downsides for me. Too many small service issues arose, from the mundane but irritating (a newspaper arrives one morning, but not another morning, and I had to ask not once but twice for a paper), to the ridiculous (robes are only in some rooms, what sort of corporate policy is that? It's supposed to by a Hyatt, a classy and I might add pretty expensive hotel, why am I waking up at 6 a.m. with no robe to put on?). My room was situated across from a hospitality suite, which had the door ajar 24 hours a day, and which I found more than mildly irritating, and since it was connected to an event with no relation to my stay I wondered how I ended up there. To say nothing of having to use the room key to go to, e.g., the room level to the conference level, which I understand as a security measure, but with briefcase and paperwork in tow was hugely awkward. The rooms, the whole hotel in fact, is "cleaned" with a scent, Febreeze-like, which was inescapable (no open windows). The breakfast buffet, pricey I might add, required wait staff to serve coffee and collect the bill and even that was a hassle. I was in the Vancouver Hyatt recently and that feels like a Hyatt: Modern, sleek, staff with an attitude in keeping with a high end establishment (and the room key constraints were sensibly not in place midday). And, weirdly, Hyatt is supposed to have a standardized bed. The Vancouver Hyatt bed was spectacular, I couldn't have slept better, but the Calgary bed was either different or older, and far too soft, I woke up with back ache every day. Given that Calgary downtown is more expensive than it should be (oil poobahs and expense accounts drive up prices, even a pasta dish can set you back $25) there are still equally good options at less expensive rates than the Hyatt offers--or, my preference, similar or higher rates for much better luxury (e.g., Le Germain only a block south). I would stay at the Hyatt again only if I had to. Too bad, because my Vancouver Hyatt stay earlier this year was a tribute to the brand.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Overseez
Reviewed 3 July 2011

The staff was exceptionally accommodating and friendly, the Respire room was great, but I bristled at the fact that it cost approx. $8 to print out 6 sheets of paper, and that the business centre only opened at 7:30 am. Also, the approx. $13.95 per night for Internet access was a bit steep. Why not just include it in the room rate?

Be prepared to spend a lot on meals if you plan to eat in restaurants surrounding the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family