My husband & I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Calgary on Friday night to attend his company Christmas party. Parking options are limited, with the Hyatt having a heated, underground lot for $25 or $35 for valet, a small outdoor lot across the street or at the convention centre down the street. If you aren't there early it's tough to find parking at this busy time of year. We have stayed here several times but this time found the Hyatt atmosphere & staff to be one notch above. The front desk staff very friendly, professional and in the lobby there were alot of staff visible, offering to assist you with parking, your bags or directions.
Our view was nice from the 8th floor but I did find the noise from the lrt train station noisy this time. If you are a light sleeper I would request a room higher up so you are further from the street noise. Our room was spotless, with a comfortable bed, flat screen television (no HD though), coffee maker and ice bucket (ice machine is by the elevators). There is an in room safe, wifi and mini bar. The bathroom was spacious, with granite counter, blow dryer & soft towels but I wish they had a make up mirror. The party itself was very well put together & the staff didn't seem to have a problem looking after 1500 guests.
Saturday morning we enjoyed buffet breakfast at Thomsons, which was delicious. One of the things we like the most about the Hyatt Regency Calgary is the decorating and artwork, especially at this time of year. We recommend you enjoy the atmosphere & spend some time in the beautiful sitting area on main level (past the check in area), with comfy couches , chairs. We also enjoyed the Sandstone Lounge with great service, snacks & atmosphere. The hotel is in a great location on Stephen Avenue, close to tourist attractions, shopping & dining. Highly recommend and we will keep coming back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Calgary offers world-class service, elegant surroundings and unsurpassed modern convenience. At the corner of Stephen Avenue Walk, a popular pedestrian street filled with restaurants, pubs, shops, theatre and entertainment venues, we are also connected to the Convention Centre. Nestled in one of the city's historic sandstone buildings, the hotel showcases the region's heritage, while embracing a contemporary, western feel that embraces Calgary's cosmopolitan personality. Not only is Hyatt Regency Calgary structurally stunning, it also captures the spirit of the surrounding landscapes with +500 collections of original western paintings and sculptures created by local artists. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Calgary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Calgary Hotel Calgary
- Hyatt Calgary
- Calgary Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Regency Calgary Alberta