The Fairmont Palliser(Calgary)
US$116
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

US$144
US$104
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$121/night.

Hotel Arts(Calgary)
US$194
US$140
US$152
Hampton.com
Best Western Plus Port O'Call Hotel(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$145
US$139
US$111
1,783 results
All reviewsgreat hotelstephen avenueheart of downtownc trainconvention centerglenbow museumself parkingsteam roomstampede groundsroom keycentral locationbusiness triphotel restaurantunderground parkingthomsonsconferenceconcierge
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I have stayed here several times over the last couple of years for business and find the staff very attentive, knowledgable and freindly. Hotel is like new in all areas. Reatuarant is reasonably priced and serves great food. Bar is typicaly high priced, but spacious and very comfortable. Waiters are great. I called the front desk several times and the phone rang never more than twice. Gym is clean and well appointed and 24 hr. Bring your own earphones. I had some trouble with the internet when I first arrived, adn two fellows were at my door in minutes to resolve the issue (turned out to be my equipment and they fixed it). The hotel is right on St. Stephen and near the Carlary Tower, so getting lost is hard to do.

Room Tip: get up high for the views. 19th floor has been renovated
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ToddSt_John_sNL
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Oy vey. Where to start with this one?

The Good:

The restaurant was good -- great selection of Alberta beef, friendly service, excellent caesar salad.

The Bad:

An overly friendly front-desk clerk who talked too much, asked too many questions and made me feel like I was being grilled. "What brings you to Calgary", "What kind of meetings", "How long will your meetings be", "Where will you be going next", "How long is the flight", "What hotel are you staying at when you get there", yadda, yadda, yadda. Just shut up and give me my key and/or check me out. Be pleasant, efficient and lose the mindless drivel.

The rooms. Wow. For a "Hyatt" chain it was pretty bush league. Ugly furnishings, plastic cups, very simple bathroom. Garbage view. It was like I was living in a university residence.

I ask if we can arrange for a car service to take me to the airport. No, they say, that would mean we have to call a car service. Yeah, I know I reply. Evidently, just take a cab out front.

I really loathed the lobby -- I felt like I was in some low-end shopping centre that was just re-modeled and trying to be trendy. Plus if you were stupid enough, as I was, to sit in the chairs downstairs you were treated to the hottest seats in the house -- literally. The furnace must have been pumping fire out of the vents because it was gross, uncomfortable and just plain irritating.

Now let's talk about the business centre. Normally, a Hyatt has a decent business centre. Afterall, if you cater to business travellers you want to ensure that they are well taken care of when away from their office. I go up to the second floor where the arrows were pointing to the business centre, get to the top of the escalators and then find myself unsure of where this business centre even is! Imagine my surprise to find that this hotel's "business centre" consists of two computers on a cheap desk in the hotel gift shop -- one of which was out of order. The other computer was in use -- by the clerk who was doing his school work on it and was like "sorry, I'm using it". Total and complete fail.

Two words for this Hyatt: never again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CanadianTraveller30
ManagementHRC, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Dear CanadianTraveller30,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Comments such as yours allow us the opportunity to evaluate our products and services. I would like to offer you an apology for the inconveniences you described. Rest assured, your experience is not indicative of what Hyatt is known for. I have shared your comments with our management team and will follow up personally in addressing each of your concerns.

On another note, I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed the service and offerings in our restaurant. I will be sure to share this with our culinary and restaurant associates.

We take great pride in delivering top quality service and products, but in your case, we fell short of this goal. I hope you can view this as an isolated incident and allow us to serve you in the near future. Please contact me for any assistance on your next trip to Calgary as I would welcome the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Herb Rackliff

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Stayed here for two nights on business in September 2011. The lobby is very nice and tastefully decorated. I think there were a few conferences going on that week so it was quite busy. That said, staff were very attentive and very polite.

I forgot my blackberry charger back home during this trip to Calgary and went down to the lobby to see if they had any. Unfortunately they did not, but the concierge gave me 10% off the hotel restaurant since he was unable to find any chargers laying around.

There was a fire alarm around 2 am on the first night I stayed, which was quite an annoyance, and the hotel did not offer anything in this regard, so that is my only complaint.

Otherwise, I had a two double bed room which was pretty standard for a Hyatt property. Very clean, and beds were comfortable. Washroom was also nice. Would definitely stay here again whether on a business or leisure trip.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Worldtraveller3654
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend with family to see the Jets play the flames. Great location, smack in the middle of downtown, easy walks to the tower , restaurants and stores. Very short cab ride to the Saddledome, could probably walk if you can't find a cab after. Hotel however is dated, towels are threadbare, toiletries suck .

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank fish_and_chips6
Reviewed March 3, 2012

My wife and I were making an overnight trip to Calgary and wanted a comfortable and convienant location in the downtown core. I was attending an event being hosted @ the adjacent Calgary Convention Ctr so the Hyatt was the perfect choice. There is also a Marriott attached to the convention centre but the Hyatt was offering a delegate discount. The service was excellent - friendly and relaxed for a major downtown business hotel. The room was elegant appointed and the decor of the entire hotel was very pleasing - warm and elegant. Thereare connecting walk ways to the convention centre and easy access to all downtown shopping.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business