Hotel Arts(Calgary)
US$90
Hotel Arts
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

US$103
US$209
US$154
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Port O'Call Hotel(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$120
Best Western Plus Suites Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$93
US$137
US$102
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$116/night.

1,750 results
All reviewssandstone loungegreat hotelstephen avenueheart of downtownglenbow museumc trainconvention centercorner roomself parkingsteam roomstampede groundsroom keybusiness hotelhotel staffbusiness triphotel restaurantunderground parking
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The hotel is centrally located, close to the main shopping and banking area (Stephen street). The staff, reception and concierge, is professional, helpful and very friendly. The Thomsons Restaurant is recommendable. The room was clean and spacious. The view from the room (17 floor) was equally nice. Would stay there again. Somewhat expensive.

1  Thank Exp_Trav_9
ManagementHRC, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Exp_Trav_9,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. We truly appreciate the feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you visit us again soon.

Regards,
Herb Rackliff

Reviewed August 30, 2012

These people pretend to run a high end hotel but for the money offer no customer service. 3 weeks for concierge to respond to request performed electronically. In addition, I booked my stay and then tried to modify it by requesting an earlier departure. They wanted me to cancel and rebook my stay. I have never heard of such a ridiculous policy (I am an experienced traveller). My "new" booking was going to cost me an extra $150 dollars per night $561. They could not justify this cost and were completely rigid on their policy. Travellers should avoid trying to stay at this hotel simply to demonstrate their distain for this policy alone!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Patrick C
ManagementHRC, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Patrick C,

Thank you for sharing the feedback. It is disappointing to hear that you felt our service was rude and unaccommodating. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced with your reservation process. With recent changes in our pricing, the rate per night is now based on the length of stay. When modifying your dates, we do re-price the entire reservation. Please feel free to contact me directly if we can be of any further assistance.

Herb Rackliff

Reviewed August 29, 2012

As a preface I used points and stayed for free which always means it was a good value! I searched throughout Tripadvisor for a hotel recommendation having never been to Calgary before. We were passing through from Banff before flying out. I still know very little about Calgary as we stayed a short time but it is downtown near the Stephen Street pedestiran mall, walking distance to chinatown and near the tram. The rooms were clean and your standard corporate business hotel. No fancy marble shower or rainshower head, but for free I was fine with that. Upon getting to the hotel I was a bit put off by the service as the poor valet was the only one and with one customer in front of us he was indisposed to help us. We were fine with unloading ourselves as we had a lot of people in our group, but comparable to other business hotels they probably need more than 1 valet/bellhop. The checkin process was a little odd but they made up for this first impression with their "service plus" policy they now have. We were exhausted from a long trip throughout Banff and thus decided to order a movie and order room service. The movied jammed and they sent someone to help out and it worked. It did delay the kids bedtime with all of this, but they, unsolicited - as we were not terribly fussed over it - called to follow up, sent up chocolates and comped us on the movie. I was impressed. So I agree with the other reviewers - I was a little put off by the very weird fridge that you can't touch without being charged, (i mean huge signs saying that and that there are no refunds), the lack of bathrobes, and no water - plus i didn't note a turndown service. but then i was pleased with this service plus guarantee. i feel like that weird fridge is inconsistent with that policy but otherwise felt like perhaps the staff just needs a little more training on service (maybe from a mandarin or shangri-la). they certainly seemed to mean well and wanted to be helpful and were very pleasant. The beds are comfortable and the pillows are good - sometimes these hotel pillows are so dang fluffy and big - they look great but they are neckbreakers. These ones actually squish down to a functional size. As a note on sleep, the hotel is located near the tram and for those who are light and early sleepers, you can hear it through the windows. To me it was a low hum and not a big deal but it is notable to those it might bother. The only other thing, which could be personal, is the room service. Ordered a pizza and it was the strangest pizza I've ever had. I don't know what kind of tomatoes they used (maybe green ones?) but it certainly is not the red sauce I'm used to in NY and the cheese was definitely not pure mozzarella. The pool, gym and hot tub are on the 18th floor. The pool is indoor and the very impressed at the efforts at providing "service plus." Assuming their regular rates are below that of Ritz, 4 seasons, Mandarin, etc. I would be interested in this as a business hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank heavybiztraveller
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The hotel was nice but I'm REALLY surprised that it has a 4 star rating. My husband and I were really excited about our stay based on the look of the lobby but we were surprised and disappointed to see how stark and plain our 16th floor room was. We had a non-smoking, allergy friendly room (upgraded for free) but noticed immediately that a shower cap had been placed over the smoke detector - presumably by the previous guest so they could smoke in the room. When housekeeping misses details like this it makes me wonder what else they missed.
As we settled into our room we found that this hotel lacks many things that most hotels with a lower rating would have such as a fridge/microwave and bath robes. There is a mini bar but if you touch it you will get charged for it even if you don’t take anything. You will pay $13.99 per day for wi-fi but we got charged for it 3 times in one day. Parking was expensive but I suppose is expected for a downtown hotel. That being said, the best way I could describe our stay is that it was AWKWARD - we pretty much were afraid to do or touch anything for fear of getting charged for that too!
When we checked out we mentioned the extra charges and they were all removed from our bill without complaint. Since we got a really good deal on this room through Hotwire ($93 per night) it was okay, but if we had paid the regular room price we would have been very upset. The room we got was worth $93 a night and not a penny more. In comparison to other hotels we’ve stayed at recently this hotel is more in line with a 3 star rating at the most.

2  Thank Carla Y
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay. the staff were well trained. Couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful. Justyne, a part time sever in Thomsons restaurant was absolutely outstanding! Our breakfast was included in our package and was excellent. If you like strong, fresh coffee that's the place to go.

1  Thank Murray2805