Stayed 4 nights in early august this year at this place. Very good location In downtown Calgary. Walking distance to all the bars and restaurants in the area. As a matter of fact the exit from the hotel at the end of the extended lobby lands right into the street which appears to be the most happening street in downtown Calgary so very convenient. The rooms were nice size and spacious. We had access to the regency lounge which serves good breakfast and snacks in the evening along with soda drinks whole day. Only issue during our entire stay was the main coffee machine at the club was always out of order and there was no attempt from management to fix it for 4 days. They tried to have regular coffee delivered from the coffee shop at the lobby but there were few mornings during breakfast time there was no coffee from any of those options which is very strange considering it's a Hyatt. Snacks option during the evening social hour were very good each days..so was the breakfast items.
Parking is 29 CAD per night at the garage under the hotel building. One of the night we returned to hotel late around 1am and the garage indicated that lot is full so we had to park at the street. This was strange as we already paid for parking for each night but appears parking space is not really guaranteed . They however did not charge us parking fee for that night.
My one complaint is Hyatt has option to check in online and I did that but when we reached the hotel to get out key we were given a room at 16th floor. We reserved room at the Hyatt regency club level but that was on floor 18. I am not sure why we were given a room not at 18 but on 16th even we checked in online way early. The issue was that every time we needed to go the lounge we have to take elevator and there was a bit of waiting get one most of the time
I will never check in online and will go to hotel talk to the guy at the counter and make sure my room and the lounge are at the same floor. The management and the guys at the front desk must declare and discuss with guest why they are not able to provide room at club level for the guests who reserved club level month early and also checked in on the day of arrivals much earlier than regular check in time. They should be able to plan this out
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Calgary offers world-class service, elegant surroundings and unsurpassed modern convenience. At the corner of Stephen Avenue Walk, a popular pedestrian street filled with restaurants, pubs, shops, theatre and entertainment venues, we are also connected to the Convention Centre. Nestled in one of the city's historic sandstone buildings, the hotel showcases the region's heritage, while embracing a contemporary, western feel that embraces Calgary's cosmopolitan personality. Not only is Hyatt Regency Calgary structurally stunning, it also captures the spirit of the surrounding landscapes with +500 collections of original western paintings and sculptures created by local artists. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Calgary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Calgary Hotel Calgary
- Hyatt Calgary
- Calgary Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Regency Calgary Alberta