Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Airport In-Terminal
Ranked #34 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Creston, Canada
“bedbugs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

This hotel not only gave us bed bugs but when we tried to complain they would not only give us a room to stay in, but they took the further step to tell us they would call the police if we did not leave the hotel.
They did say that they sent in a team into the room and they didnt find any evidence of bed bugs so there must not be any but they forget that when i checked in to their hotel I didnt have 40 bed bug bites and the next day I did, therefore only one of us is telling the truth. Im not sure what evidence they have but I have pictures that are dated and a reciept for a doctor and a perscription.They would have none of my evidence and made their own. The really amazing thing is that when we went to the front desk at the Melia Puerta Vallarta we told them that we might have brought the bugs with us they immediatly took our stuff and washed it for free, upgraded our room and took me to a Doctor so that I could have the ability to take care of the wounds caused by the bugs. They made us feel welcome and like they truly cared.Its funny that with so much happening in this world and all the "bad" things that happen in Mexico a Hotel Chain such as the Delta could take lessons on how to treat a guest from a group of hotel workers in Mexico.
I have to say that as a long time user of the the Delta at the Calgary Airport I am totaly dissapointed in the Deltas way of handling this situation and will never stay there or any other Delta hotel ever.

Truthfully yours
Curtis P
Creston B.C

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Curtis P
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Hello Curtis,

I understand your concern and would like to assure you that our hotel, and our brand, has a strict protocol in place for the prevention of bed bugs. We are sorry to hear of your displeasure with our hotel and would like to reconfirm that upon receiving your complaint we placed the room in question out of order and immediately called in our third party pest control partner to conduct a thorough inspection. The results of the inspection indicate there is no bed bug activity in the room. I would be pleased to provide you with a copy of the report issued by our pest control partner should this relieve any doubt on your part. I would like to assure you that we take concerns of this nature very seriously and this situation is no different. We work very closely with our employees to educate them on this growing concern and our housekeeping team is trained to conduct thorough and regular inspections. We are always diligent in our investigation of any suspected cases and in our follow up to prevent a negative impact on our guests and business. Thank you again for bringing this concern to our attention as this is the first step in preventing a potential hazard.
I would also like to clarify that the police were called for an entirely separate matter. I am certainly available to discuss this with you, please feel free to contact me directly at your convenience at spalmer@deltahotels.com.
Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope to hear from you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Korean first
Powell River, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

Two nights in a row we had to stay at airport hotels, the Delta Calgary wasnt the worst - we give that dishonour to the the one closest to Casablanca, Morroco. It also wasnt the best ... We give that homour to vancouver's Fairmont.

this delta had old tired towels, yes they were clean. Overall its dated, past its prime.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank-you for taking time to share this feedback with us, we will be sure to have those towels taken out of inventory, as they must be at the end of their life cycle. Our Rooms Quality Team inspects these items regularly and should remove any that are not up to our high standards. We hope to discover any other secrets of your favourite airport hotel and add them to our offerings here. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

We stayed here two nights. One on our way to Punta Cana and one on the way back. The only reason I'd stay here again is the proximity to the airport (it's attached to the terminal buildings). On our first night the room was way too hot despite turning down the thermostat all the way down. It was quiet though. The second night we were put on the 8th floor, which is in need some serious upgrades (ie tube TV). The pool and hot tub are open to the lobby, which is a bit weird. On the up side, the service is good and they let us keep a bag there with our winter clothes for the week. To sum up I would say not a great value for the money, but convenient if you don't have the time to travel to one of the other hotels near the airport.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank mamadagg
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Thank-you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we truly appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. We will investigate these concerns and ensure each is corrected. We are continuing with our plans to upgrade our televisions to flat panel LCD TVs, which are the current standard in our deluxe rooms and suites. Thank-you for the great score and comments on our service, we will be sure to share them with the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Delta Calgary Airport.
Dawson Creek, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

We stay here a few times a year while connecting as we come from northern BC so we always have to layover. The front desk staff have always been so friendly. I even arrived once and my luggage didn't. Within minutes they had everything I needed for the night to be comfortable. (toothbrush, paste, brush and comb, deodorant, shampoo, robe etc.)

The food is always good and we love to have a drink and appetizers in the lounge before continuing our travel the next day.

The rooms are small but we are okay with that. They are incredibly clean and nicely decorated. Since we are only there over night, the smallness isn't an issue.

Yes. The rooms are completely sound proof. We didn't hear a thing.

Basically, we book here right away when we see that our travel has a layover and we have never been disappointed.

It's also SUPER nice to just walk into the airport and leave for our destination.

We'll be back soon! (as always!)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank northernlightstravel
This is just fantastic feedback, so wonderful to hear, we truly appreciate you taking the time to share this; our team will be thrilled when we share this recognition with them. We are pleased to be here, ready to welcome you back each and every time you fly in or out of Calgary. We hope your luggage challenges were eventually resolved and the rest of your trip was enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back to Delta Calgary Airport.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

I started staying at the DCA in 2004. This hotel has done nothing but improve since that time. I stay at the hotel an average of 4 to 5 times per year. I am consistently amazed by the friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the rooms, and the effort extended by all to make me feel welcome. During my last stay in early December, 2011, I was on my way over to the Airport Food Court to purchase some water for the evening. A staff member greeted me in the hall just before the elevator area and asked if there was anything that I required? I simply stated that "everything was great and that I was going to pick-up some water". The gentleman asked me for my room number and then mentioned for me to wait there for 5 mintues. In just over 5 minutes he returned with 2 containers of fresh water for me! I tried to give the fellow a small gratuity but he refused and said that it was "his pleasure", and "to have a nice evening". This was going above and beyond. I felt bad as I did not get the gentleman's name - as I later relayed his excellent service to the Executive Rooms Quality Manager of the hotel. I have also been lucky enough to be able to stay in a "suite" at the DCA and it was simply wonderful and very quiet - but all of the room styles that I have stayed in here are well appointed, quiet, and do not feel "small" (which I have found at other hotels that have a close proximity to the gates of an airport). In addition, it is literally a 3 to 4 minute walk to most of the gates of YYC and you can take a covered indoor walkway as opposed to going outside! From the front desk staff, to maintenance, the attendants/cleaning staff, and the managers that I have met -- this hotel is excellent overall and it is my pleasure to recommend it to anyone travelling out of or into YYC... KH

Room Tip: I have found two favorites: The time I stayed in a corner suite on the opposite side of the airport...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Keith H
It truly was our pleasure to have you staying with us again. Thank-you for taking the time to share your story with our Executive Rooms Quality Manager, we will certainly try our best to identify and recognize the individual who so graciously extended such sincere and genuine service to you. We will share this with the rest of our team and make sure they are also aware of your kind words and compliments. We look forward to your next visit.
Medicine Hat, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel on January 8, 2012. We had an early morning flight out of Calgary at 7am to Jamaica and as we lived 3 hours away from Calgary it was just a logical decision to stay overnight beforehand. We stayed at this hotel along with 8 others from our wedding group. Everyone only had fantastic things to say about this hotel. The location can't be beat, but the service was also amazing. The rooms are standard hotel rooms with the most comfortable beds and pillows! We really enjoyed our stay here and will definetly return to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank jaynek45
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Thank-you for the great comments and for choosing to stay with us before heading out on vacation, we really appreciate it. I hope you were lucky enough to be in Jamaica as we went through that cold snap in Calgary last week; that would be the ideal place to wait for things to warm up, before coming back. We look forward to welcoming you back to Delta Calgary Airport.
Montreal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

The location is perfect - just across the street from the airport. The restaurant is very good - had a great steak supper.

But the rooms need to be renovated - or maintained at the very least - dents in the bathroom fixtures and furniture should be fixed. Most unpleasant is the lack of cleanliness. Dust in the corners, icky door handles and furnishings. Not up to par with usual Delta standards.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Thank-you for sharing this feedback with us, we have followed up on the room condition issues that you have brought to our attention. I apologize that the room was not up to our usually high standards. We are currently upgrading our guestroom product and have just completed another floor and will be continuing to the remaining rooms. Very soon we will have all completely upgraded rooms for all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to Delta Calgary Airport.