Lowest prices for your stay
C$454
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
C$455
KellyAnn M
Thank you Marriott for your fast Wi-Fi and comfy stay!
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 15, 2024
I am here now and thank god we switched to Marriott. We are in town for husbands business trip and I’m also working remotely here. We started our trip at another hotel brand down the street and after a very frustrating first day of not being able to get online for work, because their Wi-Fi signal was so poor, we made the switch to this Marriott as we were told they offer high speed wireless internet. I am online now, able to work finally, and this Wi-Fi speed is faster even than what I have back at home! Room is nice as is standard for Marriott. Comfortable room and great views of downtown. Staff has been friendly. Also, their Starbucks downstairs is insane. The line was sooooooo long however, I was amazed at the speed the Starbucks Marriott team made everyone’s drinks. I wasn’t waiting more than a few minutes to get mine and they were made perfectly. If your visiting Calgary for work or play, this is a comfortable hotel to lay your head at night and also work at lightning speed on their Wi-Fi :)
Date of stay: February 2024
Pool
Restaurant
View more hotels in Calgary
1,521 results
All reviews m club great location valet parking rooms are spacious business trip front desk staff starbucks downtown telus conference stephen elevator avenue couch
Selected filters
Reviewed February 5, 2024

One of the worst Marriott I have ever been to, there was only valet parking and the parking entrance was blocked by lining-up taxi at 10pm. The staff at the front desk is not friendly and the one-18 bar is not friendly at all. The room is one of the worst Marriott, I thought I step into a residence inn. Try other hotels if you want to stay in Downtown Calgary.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2024

Dear 881andrewz,

Thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to share your candid review. Please accept our sincere apologies for the parking inconveniences you encountered and for any service issues that impacted your stay. Your constructive comments will be shared with the respective teams for a better guest experience going forward. We are also sorry that our accommodations did not meet your expectations, and we appreciate your patience. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to another opportunity so we can show you the outstanding hospitality you deserve.

Reviewed November 23, 2023 via mobile

Very rarely you have a property that is 5 stars in the physical elements and 5 stars in service. This is it.
The location is unbeatable right in the heart of downtown. It is part of the Convention Centre complex, also close to many great restaurants, theaters and across the street from the Calgary Tower.
One of the nicest lobbies I have experienced with plenty of space, a fireplace, a Starbucks, direct access to the CC and the property restaurant.
The rooms are spacious and well appointed. Bed and pillows are just glorious.
Great working space and plenty of space for clothes, etc.
The bathroom was also very bright and sparkly clean. Plenty of space in the counter and with each amenity you may need.
Internet was fast and stable. More wall and phone connections than you may need all over the room.
I was attending an event and needed a late checkout that was promptly granted no questions asked.
And I was also given access to the M-club, an exclusive area for frequent travelers with bar and tasty treats.
I can’t really think of anything negative to say or improve. Definitely one of the best (or the best) Marriott properties I have stayed in.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank RanyDanny
Reviewed November 4, 2023

The hotel was nice. We loved the central location in Downtown Calgary which seemed close to everything. The room was comfortable. The M Club is a good feature to get access to as it has breakfast, snacks, and drinks later in the day. There is a Starbucks in the hotel which was also nice

Room tip: Get access to the M Club
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2023

Dear jimf2010,

We appreciate the wonderful review. Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We love knowing we met your expectations and that you enjoyed our excellent locations as well as our well-appointed accommodations. We are also glad you could take advantage of our fantastic M Club and Starbucks. It was a pleasure hosting you, and we look forward to your next stay at the Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel.

Reviewed October 25, 2023

If you’re on business in Calgary, do yourself a favor and book this hotel. It is genuinely phenomenal. Location is superb, guest rooms are super clean and beautiful and I can’t say enough about the M Lounge and service levels. From the moment of check in, I was greeted warmly (by name) and while the room was not ready (early flight arrival at 11 am) I was given a place to wait comfortably in the Lounge. This is one of the nicest spots to get work done and even enjoy a snack. I returned there at Happy Hour and when the One18 Restaurant was crowded and loud, I even returned for a quiet spot at night. The Lounge is open to hotel guests 24 hours and truly every hotel would be smart to operate something similar. I would return to this hotel every time I visit Calgary. Thank you for an incredible, warm and comfortable welcome. Your team is running a great hotel. Also a nice Starbucks team in the lobby.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2023 via mobile

Arrived late on a Friday night. Greeted nicely and received a slight upgrade because of my Bonvoy status. Great M lounge. Snacks available 24 hrs. Great breakfast. One of the best lounges I have been to in North America. Maid service was every day. Something that I still find hard to find in the states. Would stay here again for sure!

Room tip: Ask for a view over Steven st
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 893deanb
Team Marriott, Agency / Consultant at Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2023

Dear 893deanb,

Thank you for being a valued Marriott Bonvoy and including the Calgary Marriott Downtown Hotel in your plans. We are thrilled to read that you had a great stay and enjoyed the breakfast as well as the thoughtful service by our associates. It is also lovely to know that during your visit, you could relax and recharge with all that our M Club provides. It is always a joy to see our guests are excited about returning; we look forward to it!