All reviews king room bed and breakfast yogurt jacuzzi tub wonderful hosts abundant breakfast gas fireplace have stayed at several b and b gianni banff university bow downtown
Reviewed September 18, 2017

This Bed and Breakfast run by Merrle and Dianne is charming! There is both a king and queen suite, and each are beautifully appointed. Beds are VERY comfortable (Lindor chocolates under the pillow :) The rooms are spacious and have a gas fireplace in each. Provided is a variety of bath water additives (crystals, fragrances, conditioning oils, bubbles) for a Jacuzzi tub with color-changing lights - they though of everything. The showers have double heads and steam option. Free wifi. Towels everywhere, but somehow they added interest, color and texture to the room. Loved it! Now to the good stuff. . . any and every kind of tea known to mankind is available in this modest kitchen area just a few steps down from the two suites - quite private from the rest of the residence. We don't drink tea, but I imagine those who do would be pleased with the variety; popcorn and hot chocolate are available, as well. Breakfast began with a tiered platter of fruits, cheeses, yogurt, jams and breads, along with three different cereals. I was satisfied, but 10 minutes into that, Merrle sets before each of us a plate that - choose your favorite chef - would be impressed with! It was such a beautiful display of a lovely meal - delicious! (egg on hashbrown, link sausage, sliced tomato and avocado, lettuce leaf with dollop of cottage cheese sprinkled lightly with seasoning, and a slice of mini bread). We were only there one night, our misfortune; and we arrived late, so we weren't able to take advantage of relaxing along the bank of the river a stone's throw from their back deck.
Close with pretty easy access from the freeway; parking off the street.

Room Tip: Only two rooms. On a quiet street
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2017

I was attending a conference at the University of Calgary. The room was great, comfortable bed, huge breakfast, which varied each day. Dianne and Merril were wonderful hosts. I enjoyed getting to know them over the 3 days I stayed there. While eating breakfast I had the honor of seeing an osprey fly by with a fish it had just plucked from the river. Would definitely come back.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2017

Great stay with great and abundant breakfast for hungry travelers. Well appointed and homey. Out of downtown and peaceful, but close enough to all central areas by short car trip. Our second visit and plan to go back. Can't beat the price and the beautiful setting--Quite a great bargain!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2017

We spent two nights here at the beginning and end of our trip to Banff. It's a great home base for either heading west into Banff, or exploring Calgary. The B&B is top notch all the way around. Great river view if you want to just hang out and relax. Merril and Dianne were the most gracious of hosts, and the breakfast was excellent. We stayed in the king room, which was wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2017 via mobile

My mom, dad and fiancé stayed here when I had to attend my convocation at the University of Calgary.
Dianne & Merril were impeccable hosts! So accommodating, helpful, and pleasant!
Both my parents room and my room was clean, comfortable, it felt as if I was at home.
The view was amazing, and the breakfast was so much more than I would have ever expected and was delicious.

Staying here at Along River Ridge, B&B, was one of the BEST experiences I have ever had!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family