Every hotel employee we encountered was rushed and rude. Our room had many stains in the carpet & yellow stains on the bed sheets. The hotel pool had a constant lack of towels, even after they just brought more down! And it wasn't like the pool was busy. Our room was dark, there were five lights in the room but dull bulbs and poor placement made it extremely dark. The lights in the bathroom were not all the same color bulb, and half were burnt out. The room was very sparse of furniture. It had an adjoining room (door was locked in between) but the room next to us was having a party all night. Complained to the front desk about the noise twice. After the second time a hotel employee came up and knocked on their door. But they did not stop partying after he left. The hotel is 100% non smoking, however the party room next to us was smoking in their bathroom, filling our bathroom and room up with smoke. The ceiling fan in the bathroom did not work, after two showers with poorly regulated water temperatures the bathroom was steamed up and so was the window in our room. Two hours later, both were still steamed up. The worst part was the stained bed sheets, and the disgusting floor. The free breakfast was cheap, and not good at all. The walls in the dining area were very dirty and looked as though they had never been washed. The evening we were there, my glasses broke and I needed a small screwdriver. Not only did they not have one, it took two calls to the front desk 10-15 rings before someone picked up, but they didn't offer a suggestion as to where the tools could be bought. I ended up using the blade of an exacto knife to screw the screw in. Currently waiting for the hotel manager to call us back about a free night. They were unable to reverse the charges for last nights stay. Will update this when something is figured out. Would like my money back, I do not wish to return to that gross hotel. This was an upgraded room, upgraded to a king bed, over $150 for the night. Not worth it!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Days Inn Calgary South. Our hotel offers 134 Guestrooms and Suites, Meeting Facilities, Heated Indoor Salt Water Pool/Hot Tub and Fitness Centre. We offer Complimentary Continental Breakfast including Belgium Waffles, Free High Speed Internet Access, Free Parking, and Free Local Calls. A Valid Credit Card is required at Check In. All of our rooms have Iron and Ironing Board, Cable TV, Hairdryer and Clock Radio. Refrigerators are available in upgraded rooms upon request. Microwaves are available in upgraded rooms upon request. Pets allowed in some rooms for nominal fee. We offer a shuttle service for nominal fee. The Transit system is within 1 Block of the hotel. The Atlantic Trap And Grill Pub is located on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Days Inn - Calgary South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Calgary South Hotel Calgary
- Calgary Days Inn
- Days Inn - Calgary South Alberta