Days Inn - Calgary South
US$224
US$160
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Suites Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$104
BestWestern.com
Best Western Plus Port O'Call Hotel(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$124
Hotel Arts(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$306
US$297
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Just finished our Canadian Vacation. We visited Calgary and stayed at the Days Inn. Nice clean place. Not much restaurants near by but the free continental breakfast was a plus.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Asiantrvlr
Sampej, Front Office Manager at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Dear Customer,
Our sincere appreciation for your comments. I want to assure you that we will do all we can to justify your confidence in staying with us anytime you are in Calgary.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

I admit I was a bit confused. The Days Inn had an atmosphere of a place that had perhaps seen better days, but was determined to keep going anyhow.

The room was okay, the pool was nice enough (although the hot tub could have used a scrub), and the 'continental breakfast' was fine. Front desk service was a bit arrogant, but reasonably efficient.

On the downside, when I was waiting to check out I listened to a woman complaining that while she'd stayed there before, this time her bed was full of bugs! In fairness, that can happen at any hotel that accommodates international travelers, but I was careful not to mention it to my wife until we'd left.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank petey1955
Sampej, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

Dear Customer,
I would like to take a moment to thank you for your stay with us despite the comment you overheard at check in; you have witnessed for yourself our hotel does not have any bug issues.

We continue to improve our services for all our customers and I sincerely hope your next stay with us will be even more enjoyable.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

This is the absolute worst hotel in Calgary. No ice machines (that work) no hot water to shower with, no restaurant, and when you call to point out the short comings of their hotel, they have excuses and "handyman" fixes to resolve the problems. This place is an absolute dump full of incompetent staff, and a massage parlor ambiance and decor. For $130/night I expect much more, not something equal to a $40/night motel. The night is still early but I am sure that being located over top of the adjacent nightclub isn't going to be good either!! I would recommend avoiding this place at all costs.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel. There is one a half a block closer to downtown that can't be any worse.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
8  Thank sideshow30
Sampej, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2012

Dear Guest,
Your complaint was very distressing as this is definitely not the kind of service we like to extend to our guests. Had your complaints or grieviances been brought to our attention during your stay with us; we would have done our best to rectify the situation
We offer our sincere apology and wish to express our gratitude to you for taking time to write us as you did. Believe me, it is only through good friends like you that we know about the inefficiencies that creep into our business and can take the necessary action to correct them.

If you have any further question, you can reach me at 4032435531.
SA

Reviewed November 18, 2011

When I checked in this hotel, I paid by credit card - the front desk agent was efficient and super friendly, and even remembered me from the last time I was there; however, he wrote down my driver's license number on my invoice. I questionned him about this because it is a totally illegal practice - a violation of my privacy rights and the law. I told him as much but he stated that was company policy because so many people denied being at the hotel after stayiing there to get out of charges. I told him, regardless, that does not give them the right to break the law - especially since I was not told what they did with my information.

Less than a week later, I called the Front Desk Manager to discuss my concerns - he took my name and phone number but never called me back so I called again four days later and spoke with the General Manager (GM). The GM told me this was their policy due to their previous encounters with fraudulent people. I told him the same thing I told the agent - this is an illegal practice and it should be stopped. He told that is their policy and if I didn't like it I could stay somewhere else. I told him that I thought his unprofessionalism was alarming and disgusting and I would be registering a complaint with the appropriate people. His attitude was outrageous! An organization does not have the ability to contract outside of the law and this man's ignorance at his level is astonishing. I had stayed at this location at least 5 different times in the past 12 months - never again. I am disgusted.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank moonchild411
Sampej, General Manager at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2011

Dear Guest,
On behalf of the management and the staff of the Days Inn Calgary South; I would like to apologize to you. We go great lengths to look after our customers and this certainly means every single customer that stays with us.

I would like to assure you that our guest identification policy will be reviewed immediately and necessary adjustments will be made. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I will like to assure you that we do not want to upset you and sincerely hope that you will accept our apology.

I realized we have not met our usual high standard this time, and I hope that we can show you the best side of Days Inn Calgary South when next you stay with us.

Respectfully,
GM

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed here in October 2011 on a 4 day weekend trip to Calgary. The location is terrific if shopping is your thing - easy access to malls and major traffic arteries. Hotel is in good shape with plenty of FREE parking. Breakfast is FREE and is quite sufficient. The rooms are huge. Nice pool facility, but unfortunately, did not have a chance to use it. People will always complain about something, but seriously, there's nothing wrong with this property. Its not 5 star, but its more than functional, and not a dive. For the price and as a place to sleep/hang out in between activities, it suited us just fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not above the Bar. We were in the wing opposite the bar. No issues with noise.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrJeph
Sampej, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Dear Mr. Jeph,
I would like to take a moment to thank your for your honest review of our property. You are truly one of our most loyal guests, and it will always be a pleasure to serve you in future. It is patrons such as yourself to whom we owe the success of this property.

My sincere appreciation of your patronage cannot be overstated and i will like to assure you that we will continue to do all we can to justify your confidence in Days Inn Calgary South.

GM