See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 30, 2009

I enjoyed my stay at Lions' Park. It was very quiet, clean, close to nice park and Kensington area, very friendly host and nice chats over breakfast with other guests.

Thank you, Dori!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed December 15, 2007

This was the first place we stayed after arriving in Canada and we couldn't have been happier with our choice.

Dori and her husband were so welcoming and friendly and gave us every map that we could possibly need along great advice on things to do/how to get there etc while in Calgary. Dori even drove us out to the Olympic park herself as we had no car ourselves (we went and did the bobsleighing there...if it's on while you're there, do it! A terrifying but brilliantly fun experience).

We had booked the garden room but on arrival Dori upgraded us (at no extra cost) to the biggest room as she had two separate guests (singles) staying in the two smaller rooms. The room was fantastic with an ensuite bathroom and shower. Spotlessly clean and really cosy. We were lucky to have gotten the bigger room, but the other 2 rooms looked lovely too and we would have been very happy to stay in either of them.

Breakfast was also faultless. Juice, coffee/tea, choice of cereals, bread, cake(!) and eggs done however you like them.

Location-wise its also a great place to stay as there are lots of bars and restaurants in Kensington (the neighbourhood it's in). It's also just a two minute walk to the C-Train that takes you into the centre of town (although we found there was more bars etc open in Kensington than in the city centre, which quite frankly was pretty dead past 5 in the eveining).

I would definitely return here.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Ciara F
Reviewed August 22, 2005

I stayed here when I first moved to Calgary, and what a welcome I got. I couldn't have asked for anything better Dori and her husband welcomed me in and were always on hand for advise and help.

For a far more personal experience stay here you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank BackPacker15467