Open today: 3:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Fantastic Experience! (Highly recommend)

My Auntie and I went on a day trip with Petra on the Hammerhead scenic tour. From start to finish... read more

Reviewed January 17, 2024
Selina W
Bristol, United Kingdom
A must do day trip from Calgary!

An awesome day with Petar travelling to the Drumheller Badlands. Informative and good company. Well... read more

Reviewed January 1, 2024
carolsZ5496UG
Pymble, Australia
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Calgary
from C$14.95
from C$4,770.80
from C$155.00
from C$949.00
More Info
All reviews drumheller badlands banff and lake louise private tour small group amazing tour the royal tyrrell museum great guide strongly recommend this tour his knowledge interesting stories take photos rocky mountains visiting calgary calgary tower alberta hoodoos landscape
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2015

Hammer Head Scenic Tours Calgary
Petar Opacak (Manager/Owner)
August 2015
Beware booking with Hammer Head Scenic Tours it may be a waste of your vacation time.
This is how Petar Opacak treats his potential customers.
On or about the end of May 2015 I completed the request form on Hammer Head Tours website for a tour from Calgary to Banff & Lake Louise on Thursday 13th August 2015.
I received a prompt reply confirming reservation request. Payment to be made when tour booking confirmed.
On 10th June I received e-mail stating tour was reserved for requested dates but as they had no further bookings tour could not be confirmed at this time. This email also stated quote 'August is our busy month and as per customer demand "we should" receive more bookings for Date & Time you request".
With this in mind I continued arranging my visit to Calgary via a 2 week stopover in Seattle with the thought in mind that I would have confirmation of my tour in due course. My visit to Calgary was limited to 3 nights/2 full days.
By Friday 7th August 2015, whilst still in Seattle, I checked emails and found statement from Hammer Head that stated if they had not contacted me within 3 days of tour date to call or email them to get an update, and as I had not yet received confirmation of my tour, I emailed Hammer Head Tours but received no reply. This was repeated on Saturday 8th August 2015 with same result.
I was now deeply concerned that tour may not happen.
On Wednesday 15th August 2015 on arrival at my hotel in Calgary the reception staff called Hammer Head Tours to enquire about my booking for the following day. They received no answer but left message on answer machine requesting Hammer Head call hotel. The call never came.
The next day when I should have left on my tour I spent the morning, at visitor info office at Calgary Tower, attempting to get the same tour with another operator.
Fortunately at the eleventh hour a good Samaritan (Paul Armstrong of Lone Wolf Tours) came to our rescue at very short notice and provided an excellent tour the next day.
Shortly into the tour at one of the many breathtaking viewing points on way to Lake Louise we observed another tour mini bus. To my shock and disgust I later learned that the mini bus we saw earlier was none other than Hammer Head Scenic Tours with Petar Opacak as the driver and tour guide.
It would appear to me that Petar Opacak had received a better offer for my tour date, so rather than communicate this to me, he decided best course of action was to ignore me and I may disappear. Wrong. Trip Advisor can work both ways!
If Petar Opacak gets a better offer he may dump your booking & you will never know until the day of your tour.
The moral of this story is that If you want to do a tour from Calgary do not consider Hammer Head Scenic Tours it could lead to a complete waste of your precious vacation time at a time you can least afford it.
Avoid Hammer Head Scenic tours at all costs you may regret it.
P.S. The genuine overall rating I give for this tour operator has a negative value which is not allowed for above ratings panel

22  Thank casperoo
Reviewed September 6, 2015

It was such a great trip. I really enjoyed all the places we visited. Petar, the tour guide, was very helpful and kind. I strongly recommend this trip to anyone visiting Calgary.

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed August 18, 2015

My boyfriend and I went on the Drumheller Badlands Tour and we had a wonderful time! The attractions were amazing but having Petar as our tour guide made it even more enjoyable for us. Petar was great and his knowledge and friendliness would make any tour worth while. Next time we're in Calgary, I'd be interested in booking them again! Maybe we'll go to Banff next time :D

1  Thank firsttimeuser50
Reviewed August 9, 2015 via mobile

Took the Drumheller amd Banff tours with Peter. You get a little mini Calgary tour as you leave in the morning. Felt like getting a personal tour from Peter. During the tour, he encourages you to ask questions along the tour about Calgary, things you see along the way, etc.

Took the tour to Banff in the long weekend. Peter took us to see the busiest places first so we wouldn't be stuck in traffic. We later saw the lineups for those sites went for miles so we know this saved us hours of sitting in bumper to bumper traffic.

I also liked how there's flexibility to spend a bit more time at some spots in the iteniary than others. And you can skip some places if everyone on the tours is OK with that too.

Reviewed August 8, 2015

Once I discovered the Drumheller Badlands Tour, I knew this was a must-see journey for my 2 teen granddaughters and me on their first visit to Calgary. From the moment I first contacted Petar with questions, I knew we would be in for a real treat. Petar was always quick to respond to my every question, making me feel as though the trip was being planned just for us. And even though there was another couple on the tour, Petar still made us all feel very comfortable & special throughout our journey. He was filled with so much knowledge of the area, even pulling over to the side of the road to tell us some quaint little bit of info. My granddaughters loved every minute of the tour, but especially climbing the beautiful, rocky terrain for the opportunity to have a birds-eye view of the landscape. We thank you, Petar, for a most memorable day, and be assured on my next trip to Calgary, I will be planning another tour with you!

Date of experience: July 2015