“Very large playground”
Review of TommyKPlay

TommyKPlay
Ranked #72 of 107 Fun & Games in Calgary
More attraction details
Owner description: TommyKplay! Calgary's first class indoor playground and family entertainment centers are geared towards children aged 0 to 12 years. Started in 2007, TommyKplay has two facilities dedicated to providing "good clean fun" for children and the comfort and enjoyment of parents and guardians.
Reviewed February 1, 2015 via mobile

A very large indoor gymnasium, with bum scooter racetrack and a laser room.

The gym is very fun with lots of obstacles and Calgary's longest indoor wave slide.

The scooter racetrack has 4 scooters, and I found them difficult to get moving. Still fun though.

The laser room is an awesome idea, but poorly executed. Too many kids in the room, the lasers turned on and off again instantly. Maybe have someone stand at the entrance to let people have a chance at playing the game.
(Vanilla smoke room, not suitable for kids with asthma)

Toddler area has lots of fun toys, obstacles and a small slide.

Plenty of seats for adults, and lockers for coats.

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

It's a huge struggle to get the kids off the video games and go play on the play structures... which are really cool. Get rid of the video games!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We felt TommyKPlay is great for younger kids but our son, age 8, was fairly quickly bored. We paid the extra $10 to access the climbing wall and laser tag but it was a waste of money. While these are reasonably fun to do they took far too long to enjoy due to the high time investment to get the kids ready (and low staffing level) to enjoy them. The place was clean and the staff were courteous enough. We would likely not go back but it was good to try.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I was only here for an hour but it was great. There was a toddler area, a large play structure, bouncy area, and more! Definitely going to be my son's next birthday spot.

Safety- it looked quite safe and they had a wrist band system to ensure kids are leaving with their parents.

Cleanliness- very clean. A little clutter left from some parents but generally good.

Parents' Ammenities- great, well furnished eating area that has visible access to your child. Some cameras from the play centre also show on some TV screens.

Food- some healthy options, some less healthy. Very pricey food but it is catered so what do you expect?

Price- Entry price was good ($10 for our 2.5 year old and us 2 parents for the day- no re-entry).

Overall- I think we're going back tomorrow. I wish I knew of this place when I was on Mat leave.

1  Thank Globe T
See more reviews
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were absolutely SHOCKED that we had to pay the same price for our 20 month old as we did for our 4 year old which was $9.95 each. And the 20 month old could really only play in the very small baby section because he was getting mowed down in the bigger section with the older children. Such a rip off! We went to the NW location which has the same rates. AND the climbing wall and laser tag was an extra $8 on top of that!
My 4 year old had a great time for just short of 2 hours and then she was ready to leave. Forget ordering food when we already had to pay $20+ for admission alone. Lastly, if you forget something in your locker - you can't leave to get it. Once you are in, you are in for good. I need to open one of these places and gouge everyone because it was so busy, people will obviously pay it. We won't be giving away our money to them anytime soon. Once again I am still in shock that I had to pay $10 for my 20 month old. DON'T GO with your toddlers. I will pay $4 to take my children to the gymanstics drop in centre in town instead. So much better and the parents take better care of their children. My review would have been pretty good if we didn't get gouged today... Stay away! There are better places to spend your money.