“Great Art, Great Souvenirs”
Review of Galleria Inglewood

Galleria Inglewood
Ranked #27 of 90 Shopping in Calgary
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Galleria represents more than 500 local and Canadian potters, artisans and visual artists. It is a wonderful place to spend a few hours, wandering through the 9000 square feet of gallery space and theme rooms. Here you will find souvenirs actually made in Canada. Functional and decorative pottery by 34 local potters, acrylics, watercolours and oils by 24 artists and hand crafts of every description. Lots of free parking is available right outside the door. 1 block east of Fort Calgary, 3 blocks south of the Calgary Zoo and in the historic district of Inglewood. Within a pleasant and easy walking distance from the downtown core. Please note that we are closed on holidays. Check the web site for details.
Reviewed September 11, 2018

The best place to spend a couple of hours enjoying local craftsmanship and looking for that perfect souvenir of gift without the tackiness of the normal tourist traps. Inglewood is a great little community with great shops and eating places. A must visit place while in Calgary, if you don't go you'll miss out!

Date of experience: September 2018
Susan C, Owner at Galleria Inglewood, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time and for giving us your 5 star review. It is always good to know that we are living up to your expectations.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"englewood"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed August 23, 2018

The Galleria should be an absolute MUST stop for souvenirs if you have visitors from out of town - as it is stocked with art and collectibles from local artists. As someone else pointed out, there is a wide variety of prices so will suit any budget.

I have bought quite a few items here over the years and we make it a point of visiting anytime we are taking a stroll through Inglewood. Even if you don't buy anything, this little art gallery has such great items to look at, it's worth a visit.

And, on a last note, I recently placed a special order. They were great to deal with and my items were in within a week!

Date of experience: August 2018
Susan C, Owner at Galleria Inglewood, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Thank you very much for your 5 star review. It is always great to hear from a returning customer and to know that we are continuing to live up to your expectations. Your praise and support mean everything and is sincerely appreciated. Thank you for again, for taking the time to let others know about the Galleria.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

I remember this store when it was on Kensington. The manager there was the reason it was so amazing.
The current location in Inglewood is fantastic. The art and craft is displayed beautifully, and so well curated. Simply beautiful!!!
I HIGHLY recommend a visit, and the opportunity to support local Calgary small business that supports Canadian Arts.
Super grateful there are places like this to visit instead of the box store made in China crap that is taking over the world. Please people, refrain from decorating your homes with "live, laugh, love" and other cliches, get some proper art and feel good about supporting Canadians.
BRILLIANT STORE!

Date of experience: September 2017
Susan C, Owner at Galleria Inglewood, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Thank you Michael F. for your well thought out review of the Galleria. It is means a great deal to me that you have taken the time and spoken so kindly of Galleria. Supporting local and Canadian artisans has been the main thrust of the store, especially since our move to Inglewood. It is gratifying to know we are appreciated.

Reviewed June 18, 2016

I have shopped several times at the Galleria but the last time I was there I had a very bad experience.
I had purchased a mug, left the store, went down the stairs towards the parking lot. I fell off a 1/2 step. The 1/2 step is very dangerous and it needs to be marked. However, not sure that will ever happen.
Anyway, I went back into the shop and was given a bandage by the employees.
I asked for the owner to call me so I could talk to her about the step.
She phoned me 2 days later. Right from the beginning, I felt the owner really did not care that I had hurt myself. I was going to the doctor 4 days later and I asked her specifically if she was going to call me after the appointment and she said yes.
That never happened.
A week and a half later, I phoned the owner. I was very disappointed that she could not bother to phone me to see how I was doing. I hurt myself on the store's property. She said that her employees said I had only hurt my leg. I couldn't believe she was going on what they said. I had twisted my ankle and hurt my leg and arm. She was not compassionate at all and it did not appear that she cared one bit. Some customer service!
To make matters worse, she was very rude on the phone and hung up on me. HUNG UP on a customer - she was in a fighting mode rather than trying to resolve the issue. Wow, that is how you treat your customers?? I was shocked and very disappointed. I have never been treated by a business owner like that before.
I will not be supporting that business. Poor, poor customer relations.

Customers beware!!

Date of experience: April 2016
Susan C, Owner at Galleria Inglewood, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2016

Hello Sue, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very sorry that you feel I was not compassionate in my dealing with your incident. As you may recall from our phone conversations I was dealing with the death of my mother and father at the time of your visit to the store and for several weeks afterwards.
Customer service is of the utmost importance to myself and my staff. One of the things
that we do, is offer to package breakable items properly, before they leave the store, so that they arrive home safe and sound. As you declined our offer to package your mug before leaving, we cannot accept responsibility for it breaking.

Unfortunately, my staff do not have first aid training, therefore, they offered to drive you to a clinic or hospital for professional assessment, you also declined that offer and said that the one bandaid they gave you, was sufficient to cover the scratch on your knee.

It is indeed very important to address all safety issues with regard to the store and so, as per our initial conversation, we have notified the owner of the property about your experience.
Again, I am sorry that you have had this experience, we believe we have been as reasonable with our response as possible.

Susan Copley

See more reviews
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I always like to take something home from my travels that is made in the country I'm visiting and a bit unique but not ridiculously expensive. After three weeks of looking I was starting to feel I wasn't going to find anything as most shops sell mass produced stuff, often made overseas. Then I found this cornucopia of delights. I could have spent far more than I did but unfortunately the bag allowance wouldn't let me. I left with a beautiful picture by a local artist, a couple of bowls and a handmade scarf all at a very reasonable price. If you are looking for something different then DO visit Galleria - you won't be disappointed.

Date of experience: September 2013
3  Thank Jo A
Susan C, Owner at Galleria Inglewood, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to rate Galleria as highly as you did. It is reviews like yours that really make the difference. Our advertising budget is somewhat restricted due to the fact that the greater part of each sale goes back to the artisan. Word of mouth is truly something that money can't buy and I appreciate the fact that wrote such a great review about Galleria,

Kind regards,