“Don't go to the concert!”

Deerfoot Inn and Casino
Ranked #43 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Calgary
“Don't go to the concert!”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I went to a concert at the deerfoot inn casino, and one of my friends was kicked out for dancing too much (though the singer told us to get up and dance) and "apparently" bumping in to people while he was taking a photo, though he was never warned. I attempted to calmly ask the bouncer why he was being taken out and the bouncer proceded to push me, a 120 pound woman. The overall experience with the staff was terrible, they were condecending, rude and unhelpful when a problem arose.If you want to dance and enjoy the concert you paid for do, go somewhere else! This venue was clearly designed for a sit down environment, a fact they failed to warn us about when we purchased the tickets. I would never go back.

Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Scott802
Bryce R, Guest Relations Manager at Deerfoot Inn and Casino, responded to this review, 25 March 2012
Dear Scott802,

Thank you for sharing your concern relating to your experience here with us at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino. I would like to first express my apologies and disappointment in your feed back to us here as it is our wish that all of our guests have their expectations exceeded while enjoying the events we hold in our Chrome Showroom. In response to your specific complaint regarding the removal of your friend there could be a number of contributing factors as to why he was removed. Our security associate would have been reacting to a complaint from another guest to ask him/her to please be seated. The reaction of your friend would be directly related to how the situation was handled from there. If or when there are any concerns involving our guests during our events it is our policy that we rectify it swiftly and effectively as to not disturb the experience of our remaining guests.

Despite your disappointment in the situation I would certainly like to see your return to our property to be able to enjoy the exceptional experience that we have become well known for here in Calgary. If you do decide to return we would be very happy to welcome you back as our guest.

Best Regards,

Bryce Reid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I wasn't there to gamble, I was there for a conference. Rooms were nice and clean, hair dryer kicked a breaker, nothing else was plugged in? but staff promptly fixed it - front desk staff average in terms of friendly but efficient enough. Mojave restaurant was good value and morning staff was excellent. The rest of the staff I came across could use some customer service training - didn't seem too friendly. We had an unhappy server for our dinner one evening who kept reminding us that she had to come in to accommodate our group. Wine was terrible in casino pub, fine in restaurant. Fitness Center was very disappointing - a great space not well-utilized - no free weights but plenty of room for theme. I tried to get coffee at 6am but nothing is open and there is none available to guests in the lobby which they could definitely improve upon. Room coffee isn't always great and if you don't want to disturb your room-mate, there should be an alternative for early risers. Overall it was good but I likely would not return for a personal trip. I say value is poor because I didn't think anything was exceptional for $170/night and they told us it was a family suite which ended up being two doubles with a little table and fridge squished in. I also said there was no business center because it was a computer sitting in the lobby with no privacy.

Room Tip: don't have a suggestion but be clear when you book what type of room you're expecting.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 2RevU4YOU
CYPRESS COUNTY
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Great rooms & great service. I had to stay here for 3 months. I would recomend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Forget the fries - this care and casino combo is much better. A truly delightful group of people do whatever it takes to make your hotel stay perfect - and they do it with a smile. The Mohave Grill dining room is amazing - the food is great and the staff is friendly and attentive, with that old-fashioned Western charm. They put a smile on your face.
And the Casino is cute - it's got everything you need to have a nice evening - and what a thrill it was to win a few dollars.
It's a great combo - great hotel - great dining - and a blast at the slots.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank George K
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I have been to this hotel about 10 times now. It is absolutely the best hotel me and my family have ever stayed in. There are so many great things about this place, it is pet friendly, kid friendly, has onsite food, the pool area is amazing for children and adults as you can relax in the hot tub while the children play, there is a buffet breakfast during the weekends at Mohave Grill. Once when we stayed there, the hotel had a balloon maker hired to make balloon animals for the children in which they totally loved! The staff are very welcoming and friendly and if you stay there so many times, you actually get a night free! I loved this hotel and would recommend it to anyone. Its where my family likes to go for a getaway on the weekends!

Room Tip: There is a cowboy room which has a master suite and a fun seperate room for the kids which includes...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Sue H
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Our family enjoyed two days at Deerfoot Inn and Casino in June. Our main reason for choosing this hotel in Calgary was the Greaseball Bash (hot rod car show and entertainment). We also very much enjoyed the great pool area, us parents mostly sitting in one of the two hot tubs, our kids swimming and using the water slide. The pool was open very early in the morning to late at night. Our dinner at the mohave grill was excellent, nice to have the restaurant in the same building. For adults only: same building offers a casino and within the casino two more restaurants with live music, one place played country music, the other on request dancing music. The hotel was awesome in having one parking lot reserved for the classic car show on Saturday. We will return for such an event. The rates are rather high, so if you won't use the pool, access to the casino and indoor access to mohave grill, maybe you find a better suited and cheeper hotel. But if you like all of the above, it is a good value. Also, the rooms were very quiet, clean, nice service.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank RoundTheWorld365
Victoria, BC
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Wow! I arrived at the hotel late in the evening only to find out that I had booked the wrong hotel using the toll free line advertised online. and there was no availability for the type of room I thought I had booked. When faced with a choice of taking a theme suite at significantly more than originally planned, or trying to find another hotel, the front desk staff phoned several hotels for me to find a room to meet my needs and budget. No luck as there was a convention in town and hotel rooms were scarce.

Rather than spend more time trying to find a hotel, I opted to stay in the Cowboy suite. When I came in the door, the bed had been turned down, soft music was playing, and the lights throughout the suite had been turned on. To add to the experience, there was a basket of complementary treats and bottled water. This two bedroom suite features leather furniture, a second bedroom with bunk beds and wicked outdoor themed painted walls, big screen TV, free internet, and robes so thick it's ridiculous! On the second night rather than change rooms, I decided to treat myself and stay in the suite for the second night. I was not disappointed!

Amenities are fabulous and the ability to go to the casino was a nice treat. Definitely a great experience from customer service to ambiance. A bit pricey, but the experience is worthwhile.

Room Tip: The location of the Cowboy suite is excellent - very quiet! Just make sure if you book using the onl...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Linlor3
Bryce R, Guest Relations Manager at Deerfoot Inn and Casino, responded to this review, 17 November 2012
Dear Linlor3,

Thank You for sharing your experience with us here at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino. We are thrilled we were able to meet your expectations. It is always very satisfying knowing that we have pleased another of our guests and we are able to extend our interpretation of Calgary hospitality. Thank you again for taking the time to share your satisfaction. We look very forward to having you back as our guest on your next visit to Calgary.

Best Regards,