Deerfoot Inn and Casino
Sheraton.com
US$224
US$161
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Port O'Call Hotel(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$103
Best Western Plus Suites Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$100
US$140
US$115
Orbitz.com
All reviewsmohave grillfront desk staffhotel stayroom was clean and comfortablebusiness tripeasy accessgreat roomvery nice hotelcomplimentary breakfastmojaveteamsconferencebrunchmicrowavecouchtubslounge
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I wasn't there to gamble, I was there for a conference. Rooms were nice and clean, hair dryer kicked a breaker, nothing else was plugged in? but staff promptly fixed it - front desk staff average in terms of friendly but efficient enough. Mojave restaurant was good value and morning staff was excellent. The rest of the staff I came across could use some customer service training - didn't seem too friendly. We had an unhappy server for our dinner one evening who kept reminding us that she had to come in to accommodate our group. Wine was terrible in casino pub, fine in restaurant. Fitness Center was very disappointing - a great space not well-utilized - no free weights but plenty of room for theme. I tried to get coffee at 6am but nothing is open and there is none available to guests in the lobby which they could definitely improve upon. Room coffee isn't always great and if you don't want to disturb your room-mate, there should be an alternative for early risers. Overall it was good but I likely would not return for a personal trip. I say value is poor because I didn't think anything was exceptional for $170/night and they told us it was a family suite which ended up being two doubles with a little table and fridge squished in. I also said there was no business center because it was a computer sitting in the lobby with no privacy.

Room Tip: don't have a suggestion but be clear when you book what type of room you're expecting.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 2RevU4YOU
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Great rooms & great service. I had to stay here for 3 months. I would recomend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Forget the fries - this care and casino combo is much better. A truly delightful group of people do whatever it takes to make your hotel stay perfect - and they do it with a smile. The Mohave Grill dining room is amazing - the food is great and the staff is friendly and attentive, with that old-fashioned Western charm. They put a smile on your face.
And the Casino is cute - it's got everything you need to have a nice evening - and what a thrill it was to win a few dollars.
It's a great combo - great hotel - great dining - and a blast at the slots.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank George K
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I have been to this hotel about 10 times now. It is absolutely the best hotel me and my family have ever stayed in. There are so many great things about this place, it is pet friendly, kid friendly, has onsite food, the pool area is amazing for children and adults as you can relax in the hot tub while the children play, there is a buffet breakfast during the weekends at Mohave Grill. Once when we stayed there, the hotel had a balloon maker hired to make balloon animals for the children in which they totally loved! The staff are very welcoming and friendly and if you stay there so many times, you actually get a night free! I loved this hotel and would recommend it to anyone. Its where my family likes to go for a getaway on the weekends!

Room Tip: There is a cowboy room which has a master suite and a fun seperate room for the kids which includes lovely bunk beds that are uniquely designed.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Sue H
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Our family enjoyed two days at Deerfoot Inn and Casino in June. Our main reason for choosing this hotel in Calgary was the Greaseball Bash (hot rod car show and entertainment). We also very much enjoyed the great pool area, us parents mostly sitting in one of the two hot tubs, our kids swimming and using the water slide. The pool was open very early in the morning to late at night. Our dinner at the mohave grill was excellent, nice to have the restaurant in the same building. For adults only: same building offers a casino and within the casino two more restaurants with live music, one place played country music, the other on request dancing music. The hotel was awesome in having one parking lot reserved for the classic car show on Saturday. We will return for such an event. The rates are rather high, so if you won't use the pool, access to the casino and indoor access to mohave grill, maybe you find a better suited and cheeper hotel. But if you like all of the above, it is a good value. Also, the rooms were very quiet, clean, nice service.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family