“Telus Spark Science Centre....Don't bother” 1 of 5 bubbles

TELUS Spark
Ranked #21 of 292 things to do in Calgary
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: TELUS Spark is a non-profit organization with a mission to become a role model and force for social change. It takes a core set of skills to create something new, whether it's a ground breaking discovery or a toy robot. TELUS Spark is a place to build these skills by using your imagination to see beyond what exists, your curiosity to formulate a question and persistence and problem-solving skills to keep going, despite surprises and mistakes, to find the confidence in yourself to uncover the answers.
Calgary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Telus Spark Science Centre....Don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

We have been to the old science centre years ago and it was a big dissappointment. So we figure the new Sparks would be better....nope, not at all. The new science centre looks nice and grand on the outside, but not much on the inside. Personally, its a whole lot of wasted space. We spent $85 for the family to get in and we completed it in 2 hours. The kids got board after the first 30-40 minutes. They don't even have a astronomy or exploration of space section. Its like they don't know what to show for exhibits and for it being 2012, I expected a lot better and more advancement. Here is the kicker also, had to spend $5 on parking for location not even close to downtown. What a way to make money, it almost made me sick. The most I would pay for this place is $30 for a family and not more. No wow factor here....sorry

Visited April 2012
9 Thank Fastcars10

Calgary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a fantastic place to explore and play!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

I took my grandchildren to visit Spark over spring break. I was amazed at the level of attractions geared for all age groups. It needs at least 2 days to view and play with all the different activities. We only managed to attend one of the presentations, Fire was awesome! My 4 and 6 year old grandsons cried when it was time to leave.
Although the entrance price seems high, Calgarians voted at the time for no tax increases, so Spark must generate revenue to support itself. The cafe prices and food quality is reasonable, as are the prices in the gift shop.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Nancy B
Red Deer, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“To expensive and not all activities were open.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

The main attraction of the dome was closed down yet the full price was still charged. Found the entrance price was far to high for the amenities.

Visited March 2012
6 Thank dlight1
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I took my 4 kids there that range from age 2-12 and they all has a great time! So much to do! And the show we saw was great, we saw the fire show.

1 Thank 4kids4wendy
Okotoks, Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great "once in a lifetime" visit.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

The cost for two adults and one child was outrageous. Glad we went but I am sure they are hoping to get lots of "one-timers" to justify the cost. No coupons or discounts available. We had a membership to the old affordable science centre but I can't justify the costs for a family of 4 various aged kids and an adult.

Visited February 2012