“excellent place to stay before/after flight” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport
Ranked #7 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Kitchener, Canada
“excellent place to stay before/after flight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

beautiful, well equipped suites.
very helpful staff, goes the extra mile for their customers.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

Never realized one drawback to “kitchen” hotels until this trip. It seems that the hotel is quite popular with some longer stay clients from a certain country. I am quite a foody and have enjoyed a lot of different aromatic foods from around the world. In this case, my stomach just couldn’t handle the room I was assigned. The cooking smell from the last guest was still lingering after 8 hours of airing out the room. The next morning the smell was still there, and the hotel was good to move me to the other end of the hotel. However, at the other end of the hotel, there too were heavy odours. My after work walk thru the hallway back to my room was a mouth, stomach and eye watering experience.
I had checked with my Colleagues whom were staying at different area of the hotel, and apparently, this was a problem everywhere thru out the hotel. I am not sure if there’s anything the hotel can do about this issue, and I am writing this only as a warning to those that have a sensitive nose/ stomach. In general, I have to say that the hotel is well run and with nice extras, but I would hesitate to stay here again due to this stomach turning issue with it's long term guest.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RickLeeEdm
Nottingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2010

Stayed here for 5 nights as part of a month long trip to Canada - came over the first Stampede weekend. The positives- good location, easy access to the LRT, and excellent suites, immaculately cleaned with very helpful cleaning staff, could not be faulted. Excellent wired internet. That was the main reason we stayed so overall good on that point. The negatives - less than enthusiastic and at times grumpy reception staff, and really poor quality breakfast. One day of that was enough, before we went to Sobey's / Tim Horton's and got our own stuff to eat in our suite. Why it needed to have such poor quality ingredients I do not know but there you are. So be aware of the pluses and minuses if you go for this one.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Robinhood1
Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2010

2nd visit to this hotel and it still meets our high expectations; shuttle service was waiting for our phone call as we were arriving just before the shift ended and came right to airport as soon as we call; check in/out fantastic; continential breakfast continues to have hot items out; rooms remain very clean and tidy; they did not have dish soap for the kitchen sink on last visit but had a small bottle at front desk for this visit; appliances in room (kitchen) very clean; mattress in this room not as uncomfortable as previous visit but still could be replaced; in room 302 which was a fair walk to the elevator and not recommended for people with any difficulties

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Look4-2
Central Oregon, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2010

I’ve stayed at this hotel before and have recommended it. My most recent experience in March of 2010 was not good. Most of the issues were due to the front desk clerk who was “on duty” the night I checked in. Since this is probably an individual performance issue, I won’t bore you with the details.

There was a foreign substance in the basket of my coffee maker. It looked like about 100 seeds of some type. Strange.

The second evening, the “High Speed Internet Service” slowed to 38 to 58 Kbps (I ran a common bandwidth meter to see how bad it was). I called the front desk and they said “Yeah, guests are probably downloading movies; there’s nothing we can do”. Lovely, it’s the guests’ fault! Have they never heard of traffic prioritization tools? The next morning it was running at 2800 Kbps.

So, as much as I’ve enjoyed this hotel in the past, I’m thinking about finding a new one the next time I go to Calgary.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Retailwonderer
Stanley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2010

The best place we have ever stayed at, everything was far better than you could have expected. The food was great and plenty to choose from, the room was spacious, with everything you could ask for. The staff were very, very friendly and could not do enough for you, special praise should be for the driver of the mini bus who collected us from the airport, we had my parents who are in their 80's, he was very helpful, caring and interested in everyone; also the receptionist who assisted with all our needs and help us plan our days out.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Margie75
Cornwall, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2009

This is by far the best airport hotel I have ever stayed in, We stayed 2 nights whilst visting a relatives in Calgary and we felt like we were part of a large family.

Rooms are fantastic and well equipped with self catering facilities and the complimentary breakfast was brilliant with a good choice of options to suit every one.

We had a problem with out luggage that meant i had to return to the airport, the hotel quickly arranged for a driver to take me back and he stayed with me until the problem was sorted before returning to the hotel.

Kids were given a free toy each and lots of goodies for Halloween

Cant fault this one!