Holiday Inn Express & Suites Airport - Calgary
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewscorner deskchop steakhousenext morningfront desk staffgood sizeminute drivebarlow trailyogurtcomplimentary breakfastquiet locationwould stay here againsunridge mallcomfortable bedsshuttle servicegreat poolindustrial areamoxies
Reviewed July 13, 2017

We stayed as a family of four at this hotel over stampede weekend. The check-in was terrific, very easy and smooth. The clerk was professional and extremely accommodating. The rooms were clean and spacious. I had ordered a cot beforehand that was not in the room and was not added to the booking . The rollaway was brought in shortly after with fresh bedding. The only issue we had, small as it was ; getting enough towels after asking housekeeping a few times.. We simply just got them from the front desk, very minor and easily solved.. We did find parking at this hotel often difficult. We drive a bigger vehicle, the stalls are quite small for parking a truck also finding parking was sometimes not easy with the vehicles parked from the restaurant next-door. Breakfast had great choices and was hot and very well laid out. I do however wish they would serve it till 10 on the weekend rather than 930 but also very minor. Overall I gotta say this is one of the best for value hotels to stay in Calgary. We will return whether it's for travel or activities in and around Calgary. In my opinion you can't go wrong staying.

Room Tip: We booked a suite for a family of four that included two teenage boys. We used the rollaway for one and had a cot in for the other
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2017

No complaints. The hotel looks good and is very clean. The rooms and bathrooms are a very good size. I would definitely stay here again. This is a good hotel for families, business travelers, or people needing to stay near the airport.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at this property before and it's great for being close to the airport. Quiet at all times which is nice. Only downfall is food with the exception of Moxies or Chopped is a drive away. Not too far but it's nice to be able to walk out and grab something. Rooms are clean and breakfast is good enough.

Holiday Inn doesn't usually fail to do well for the price and this Hotel represents the Brand well

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed April 26, 2017

We stayed at this hotel the night prior to leaving on an early morning flight, it was recommended by a co-worker who stays here frequently. the property is clean, and everything functioned properly. Breakfast is the usual Holiday Inn Express menu which meets my needs perfectly. We had a great experience using the shuttle to and from the airport, the driver was courteous and drove decent. Overall i certainly would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side will be quieter
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed overnight, prior to flying out of Calgary. Let me first start off by saying I stay at plenty of holiday inn property's for business. I went to check in, no one was at the front desk. Rather, I had to listen to staff members having a conversation in the back office, while using explicit language. The staff member then wanted a credit card deposit for incidentals, which i requested take all incidentals off the room as I do with every other holiday inn stay. The staff member then told me it was company policy. The next morning we were up before 5 am, I asked a staff member if I could get some dry cereal for my kids (I was not expecting anything for my wife or myself), I was told he did not have a key to the breakfast nook. We then went to catch the shuttle to the airport and I seen the same staff member who told me he did not have a key, in the breakfast nook area. This in my opinion was unacceptable. I had another reservation for this property, which I have since cancelled. I will now go out of my way to stay at a different hotel when I am in the YYC area.

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank mikeoverly
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Airport - Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2017

Dear mikeoverly,

I'd like to thank you for bringing your concern to our attention and deciding to stay with us. We take pride in our brands and it is our intent to live up to the guests' expectations. I'm sorry if we weren't about to deliver that with regards to the service rendered by some of our hotel staff members. We recognize all types of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually boost our services and amenities. I certainly appreciate your loyalty to the Holiday Inn brand. It is regretful that you have already cancelled your second reservation with us. I know that this stay was not as we have wanted it to be but I'm hopeful to have the opportunity to restore you complete confidence should your plans bring you back to Calgary.

Warmest Regards,