“Never Had a Bad Meal in 17 years”

Santorini Greek Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Santorini Greek Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 3,662 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Northwest Calgary
Cross street: South of Hwy #1
Description: For over twenty years, Santorini Greek Taverna has represented the best in Calgary’s Greek cuisine. Santorini was founded on the Greek values of filoxenia; literally the notion of befriending strangers. Thus, as all guests to Santorini quickly realize, they are immediately made part of the family, whether laughing with host Maria’s comedic personality or joining in on an uplifting Greek dance. While other Greek restaurants have attempted to reinvent a good thing, Santorini continues to offer the classic, authentic tastes of Greece in a welcoming, Mediterranean setting. With over 40 Greek dishes, it promises an unforgettable experience. At Santorini, every day is a celebration!
Reviewed 28 March 2017

My wife and I have been going to Santorinis for the past 17 years and the food is always excellent. In all this time we have tried everything possible on the menu.The quality and taste is second to none. I can't say enough about this restaurant for food and amazing service. It is our go to place when dining out.

1  Thank Garry K

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went here on Friday night. We made a reservation with OpenTable and we had a great table by the window.

Our waiter was really nice and they had 2 different Greek beers, one light and one Amber. The light beer was my favorite and we had an order of the tzatzki and pita to start. It was very good and the pita was warmed up nicely.

My wife had the Moussaka and I had the Roast lamb and they were both amazing. The potatoes and rice were so good and we were both completely full after.

I would totally recommend going here and I will be back!!

1  Thank powelj1
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Best Greek food in Calgary. Also excellent service. Had roast lamb, rack of lamb and a fablous noodle dish. Saganaki was the best we have ever had. Need I say more?

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Santorini Greek Taverna on Centre Street is a busy small restaurant that serves very good authentic Greek food. But watch where you are seated. We were on time for our reservation and we're taken to a table directly in front of the door. Although there was a double door, no one would wait for the outer door to close before banging through the inner door. SweetP, who never gets cold actually considered putting on his ski jacket. I, who lives with hot flashes actually had to wrap my scarf around my shoulders to keep my shivering away. We were both dressed for our -20 degree weather. Beware if asking for any extras. We had a platter for 2 which came with a thimble of tzaziki and of course, with all the chicken and lamb and spanakopita we needed a 2nd container. Imagine our surprise that with our $90 dollar meal without booze, we were charged an additional $7 for that 2nd thimble of tzaziki. Enjoy the food, the service was ok. The bathroom clean, but bring a sweater and don't ask for any extras!

Reviewed 22 February 2017

For decades this has been one of Calgary's most consistent
Greek restaurants. Small with traditional decor,
You will find all your old favorited here. Good service but it
all comes with a fairly heft price tag.